White Oleander (copy #2)

by Janet Fitch | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingerishkigalwing of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 6/7/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingerishkigalwing from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Wow. Unbelievable. All too believable. Unfortunately.

"....-a tale of poisonas beauty,dangerous, heady scents,an unforgettable story of a young girl growing up...it's narraotor is part poet, part seductress, part scheherazade, part street punk....Long after the book has ended, you;ll feel the hot breeze of this novel scorched in your memory, lingering in your heart." (Susan Larson, New Orleans Times-Picayune)

*not for the faint of heart

Journal Entry 2 by wingerishkigalwing from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, January 03, 2010
this has languished on my shelf for far too long~~ It deserves more readers!

So, I'm sending it off to Akron, to find a new home at the Reading Festival~~~

Journal Entry 3 by wingerishkigalwing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Utah USA on Sunday, January 03, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (1/3/2010 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Utah USA

To the lucky finder of this book

Thanks for coming to the BookCrossing site. I hope you'll leave a journal entry to let us know that this book has been caught. You can do so anonymously or you can join BookCrossing and follow the future travels of the book, even experience the fun of releasing books yourself.

Keep the book for as long as you want. If you read it, please make a journal entry letting us know what you thought of it. When you're ready to let it go, please pass it on to someone else or release it into "the wild" and let us know that it's on the move again.

Journal Entry 4 by Tribefan at Main library in downtown Akron in Akron, Ohio USA on Friday, February 05, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/6/2010 UTC) at Main library in downtown Akron in Akron, Ohio USA

New York Times bestselling author Marion Zimmer Bradley brings the mesmerizing world of myth, romance and history to life in the spellbinding novel of epic grandeur!
Before the legend of King Arthur and Camelot, there was Avalon, a beautiful island of golden vales and silver mists. A land where the lives of three powerful priestesses shape the destiny of Roman Britian as they fight to regain the magic and traditions of a once gallant past...

This is the bridge between The Forest House and The Mists of Avalon, and, in my opinion, the best of the three. Here, Marion Zimmer Bradley shows a restraint in her writing that would have made The Mists of Avalon an even better book. In this novel, Bradley develops the myth of Avalon itself - how it came to be the seat of power for the Druid priestesses, and how it came to move into the mists that separate it from everyday life. The story spans 350 years in a mere 460 pages. It manages to create strong characters about whom the reader cares. The telling also brings to life the history of the time and the region - this is historical fiction at its strongest. I would especially recommend reading this novel before heading on to The Mists of Avalon, since it sets the stage elegantly for what's to come.