Lord Perfect

by Loretta Chase | Romance |
ISBN: 0425208885 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Sidney1220 of McLean, Virginia USA on 6/1/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Sidney1220 from McLean, Virginia USA on Thursday, June 01, 2006
Received from pbs.

9/22/07 Reserved for penelopewanders.

3/29/08 Mailed at the post office.

Journal Entry 2 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Arrived today, thanks so much... I've enjoyed all the Loretta Chase novels I've read so far!

Journal Entry 3 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, April 22, 2008
I found myself laughing out loud at times... such a fun writer, such a great read. I'm going to have to track down the Loretta Chase books I haven't read - unfortunately, there aren't that many left!

From the Amazon reviews:
Benedict Carsington, the Viscount Rathbourne, has the reputation of a perfect gentleman, which in 1821 London society means controlled, haughty and above reproach. By contrast, Bathsheba Wingate is about as disreputable as a Wingate gets, having been born to the notorious DeLucey branch of the family, a "completely untrustworthy" bunch who have "made themselves famous for their scandals."
Widowed by a disinherited man, Bathsheba struggles to make ends meet and to provide every opportunity for her strong-willed daughter, Olivia—who, much to her mother's dismay, absconds in search of buried treasure, accompanied by Benedict's nephew and informal ward.

Starting up a ring to follow that of Mr. Impossible.
So far (order may change)
annadlx (Germany) can ship int'l
fritzykatz (Germany)
tsjara (Netherlands)
kalise (Austria)
Sao-Diego12548 (Germany)
lluthiel (France)<--it's here

This is starting a currently very short career as a ring - could take more members, obviously.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Thursday, May 29, 2008
this arrived today on my doorstep. My nice neighbour must've put it there.
Thanks for making the book available.
I'll get to it as soon as I'm done with my current novel.

Journal Entry 6 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Monday, June 02, 2008
I really enjoyed this story. It was not what I expected after Mr. Impossible. Somehow I pictured a setting in Egypt again. It was refreshing that I was wrong and that this story is still a treasurehunt.
The characters are likable and believable. Lord Perfect wouldn't be my choice of man, but he's interesting never the less.
I'll contact fritzykatz for her adress so that this book can continue its journey.
Thank you for making it available.

Released 11 yrs ago (6/3/2008 UTC) at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Will send this book on its journey to fritzykatz tomorrow morning.
Hope you enjoy it as well as I did!

Journal Entry 8 by fritzykatz from Buchenbach, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, June 14, 2008
Very hot!
Is someone else interested? If not, I'll send it back to penelopewanders and that would be a shame!

Journal Entry 9 by fritzykatz from Buchenbach, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, June 29, 2008
An entertaining book, fun to read. It's off to the Netherlands!

Journal Entry 10 by Tsjara from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, July 07, 2008
Arrived safely a few days ago. Think I'll hold on to it till Mr. Impossible arrives and read that one first.. since that story took place before this one..

Journal Entry 11 by Tsjara from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, November 16, 2008
Think I liked mr. impossible better, but it was still an enjoyable read.
I will probably post it tomorrow (together with mr. impossible).

Journal Entry 12 by Tsjara at to fellow bookcrosser, post office -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (11/18/2008 UTC) at to fellow bookcrosser, post office -- Controlled Releases

Posted it today together with Mr Impossible.

Journal Entry 13 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Received the book, thank you Tsjara, also thank you to penelopewanders for letting me participate! I'll try to get through both books soon.

Journal Entry 14 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Sunday, December 07, 2008
Oooh, this one was fun!! I liked it a LOT better than Mr.Impossible and it had me gripped from the first to last page. A real page-turned with lots of laugh-out-loud moments, interesting characters and secondary characters and a fun end with a twist. Love that part with the treasure hunt! Lovely read.

Will try to send it on together with Mr.Impossible some time next week.

edited to add Dec. 11, 2008:
waiting for Sao-Diego12548 (Germany) to contact me with her address.

Journal Entry 15 by kalise at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Monday, December 15, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (12/15/2008 UTC) at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria

I mailed the book today to the next participant. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 16 by Lluthiel from Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Thank you ! Will read it asap.