Black Hearts

by Arlene J Chai | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0091842026 Global Overview for this book
Registered by kzel of Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on 6/1/2006
Journal Entry 1 by kzel from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Thursday, June 01, 2006
On her grandmother's death, Christina receives an unexpect legacy - the sprawling mansion Casa Aragon, her childhood home; the prison she escaped from six years ago.
It is a poisoned gift: filled with angry memories, fears and sadness. Yet Christina accepts it. For the house is a weapon she intends to wield against her beautiful sister Serena; her grandmother's favourite.
In the dark rooms of Casa Aragon, Christina must confront and overcome her manipulative sister and formidable grandmother who seeks to rule them both from the grave. Then finally she must stand before the priceless Medina mirror and gaze into the true colour of her own heart...

Journal Entry 2 by kzel at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia on Friday, June 02, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (6/3/2006 UTC) at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia

Taking along to brunch meet-up

Journal Entry 3 by Mistlerose from Frankston, Victoria Australia on Sunday, June 04, 2006
picked up at the met up today.

Journal Entry 4 by Mistlerose at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia on Saturday, August 05, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (8/5/2006 UTC) at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia

on the bookcrossing table

Journal Entry 5 by TramGirl from Ballarat, Victoria Australia on Sunday, August 13, 2006
Picked this up at last weeks brunch meetup, I'll add it to the pile and see if I read it.

Journal Entry 6 by TramGirl from Ballarat, Victoria Australia on Saturday, September 30, 2006
This was an interesting book, it didn't grab me in the beginning but I persisted and in the end I couldn't stop reading as I needed to find out what had happened!

A lot of bitter people who in the end didn't really get what they wanted just some form of it.

Journal Entry 7 by TramGirl at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia on Saturday, September 30, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (9/30/2006 UTC) at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia

Taken along to the brunch meetup.

Journal Entry 8 by KKslibrary from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, September 30, 2006
Picked up at meetup about a year ago, I have read another of her books - Last time I saw mother, and I really enjoyed that one so am very interested to see how this one compares.
This was good, a bit slow at first but then really got into. Got frustrated with the family, greedy and spiteful.

Released 12 yrs ago (10/16/2007 UTC) at Royal Melbourne Hotel, Bourke St in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

To be released at meetup tonight

Journal Entry 10 by TramGirl from Ballarat, Victoria Australia on Thursday, October 18, 2007
So I had read it!! When I grabbed this off the table at meetup on Tuesday it looked really familiar but I couldn't remember reading it, obviously I had by looking through the journal entries.

I'll either WR it or take it back to another meetup.