Driving Big Davie

by Colin Bateman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by laura0141 of Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on 5/30/2006
Journal Entry 1 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 30, 2006
The Back of the Book

Dan Starkey - journalist of ill repute, international man of inaction - is happily reunited with his wife Patricia and determined to keep out of trouble.

But the sudden death of punk icon Joe Styrummer and the impending nuptials of his old friend David Kincaid combine to send him off on an American Odyssey.

Or extended stag night.

But Dan, with fantasies of Florida sun, sea and girls who fancy a bit of freckle, is in for a rude awakening which involves a massive deception, mayhem, violence, robbery, Al Capone's gold and a very severe case of sunburn.

Released 12 yrs ago (5/30/2006 UTC) at Centre for Women's Health OBCZ in Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom

Journal Entry 3 by marie-therese from Kirkintilloch, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, August 14, 2006
Picked this up today at the CWH OBCZ - I love Colin Bateman, in fact I think this one might even be on my wishlist :o)

Journal Entry 4 by marie-therese from Kirkintilloch, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Another enjoyable read from Colin Bateman :o)

Sedning to purplerosebud as part of a book trade. Happy reading :o)

Journal Entry 6 by purplerosebud from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 26, 2007
Many thanks for the trade marie-therese. I've recently read one of Colin Bateman's books and really enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to reading more about how Dan Starkey's life progresses.

Journal Entry 7 by purplerosebud at Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, February 18, 2013
Sorry I've had this book so long. I will be moving it on today.