Tulip Fever

by Deborah Moggach | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingfuturecatwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 5/26/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, May 26, 2006
From the Timaru Rotary Booksale.

v

Journal Entry 2 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, September 09, 2006
From the impression given of the life of an artist by books like this and those of Tracy Chevalier, it's amazing that they ever actually got any painting done, because they all seem to have spent most of their time running around seducing the wives and daughters of their clients...

It's not a bad book, though. The tulipomania gripping Amsterdam at the time the book is set in added an interesting extra dimension, and the way the short chapters leapt from character to character, sometimes in first person, sometimes in third person, and sometimes written as 20th Century comentary on events, kept the pace of the story lively. The plot itself was a bit silly, though.

v

Journal Entry 3 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Given to awhina (who promised to put a label in it for me, because I forgot) at tonight's meetup.

v

Journal Entry 4 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, July 06, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (7/6/2009 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

This book was on my reading pile but I am unable to get it read before leaving the country and it is therefore being given to another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 5 by rarsberry from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, July 18, 2009
From a box of books from lytteltonwitch.

Journal Entry 6 by rarsberry at Tussock Square in Darfield, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, July 25, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (7/24/2009 UTC) at Tussock Square in Darfield, Canterbury New Zealand

Left at the blue tractor.