Northern Lights

by Phillip Pullman | Romance |
Registered by QuantumAyla of Goole, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on 5/25/2006
Journal Entry 1 by QuantumAyla from Goole, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 25, 2006
From the blurb:

"WINNER OF THE CARNEGIE MEDAL & THE GUARDIAN AWARD

The first book in the HIS DARK MATERIALS trilogy.

When Lyra's friend Roger disappears, she and her daemon, Pantalaimon, determine to find him. The ensuing quest leads them to the bleak splendour of the North, where armoured bears rule the ice and witch queens fly through the frozen skies - and where a team of scientists is conducting experiments too horrible to be spoken about.

Lyra overcomes these strange terrors, only to find something yet more perilous waiting for her - something with consequences which may even reach beyond the Northern Lights . . . "

Not just a kids book, this can be enjoyed by all ages. A real adventure, this books gripping plot, set in its own convincing world, is so compelling that you will find it hard to do anything else until you have finished it.

I defy anyone who has read this not to go out imediately - as I did - and buy the second and third parts of HIS DARK MATERIALS.

P.S.
I wish I had a daemon of my own!

Second copy bought from charity shop for bookcrossing purposes.

Journal Entry 2 by QuantumAyla from Goole, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Reserved for my Children's Books: Virtual Book Box.

Chosen by 4orty7even.

Journal Entry 3 by 4orty7even from Kingston upon Thames, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, August 31, 2006
Received today - many thanks QuantumAyla.

This is for my son to read, so I guess it'll be next on his TBR pile ;o)