The Handyman

by Carolyn See | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by lovemylife of Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on 5/24/2006
Journal Entry 1 by lovemylife from Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, May 24, 2006
No synopsis available.

Journal Entry 2 by morsecode from Woonsocket, Rhode Island USA on Thursday, June 08, 2006
A little note on the envelope I just opened (combined with the fact that this book is on my wishlist) leads me to believe that this is a June Bookaholics book. :)
So... I take this as official confirmation that LML has joined out Bookaholics group. We're so happy to have you, LML!
Thanks so much for this book. I recently reviewed See's latest book There will never be another you and I'm eager to read more of her work.

Location, 12 Sept 2008: box K-BC-1

Journal Entry 3 by morsecode at Ossining, New York USA on Sunday, November 27, 2016
I'm ruthlessly weeding my overstuffed bookshelves and am setting this book aside to wild-release in the near future.

Journal Entry 4 by morsecode at Little Free Library Newland in Woonsocket, Rhode Island USA on Saturday, May 05, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/5/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library Newland in Woonsocket, Rhode Island USA

Left in Little Free Library

Journal Entry 5 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, July 18, 2018
I found this book in the charming Newland Ave. LFL while dropping off some books of my own.

It's something of an ode to struggling artists, with protagonist Bob, failing to find his artistic muse, spending a summer as a handyman instead. The story's framed by a request for a grant to study Bob's work in-depth - suggesting that he did in fact become an artist of at least some renown. (The author's Q&A at the end reveal her own experience both in writing grant requests and in having to read and choose how to respond to those from others - she talks with sympathy about the sheer desperation of the people making the requests...)

Journal Entry 6 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Hersey St. in Bedford, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, July 19, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/20/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Hersey St. in Bedford, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this beautiful day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***