"C" Is for Corpse (A Kinsey Millhone Mystery)

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingsolittletimewing of Portland, Maine USA on 12/12/2002
Journal Entry 1 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Thursday, December 12, 2002
Differrent cover than that shown. Mass market paperback.

Journal Entry 2 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Tuesday, December 17, 2002
Will be sending to BookCrosser StlMoMom.

Journal Entry 3 by wingsolittletimewing from Portland, Maine USA on Thursday, December 19, 2002
Mailed to StlMoMom today

Journal Entry 4 by StlMoMom from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Saturday, December 28, 2002
I received this book today from solittletime in Maine. I will read then release. Thank you, solittletime!!

Journal Entry 5 by StlMoMom from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Saturday, January 04, 2003
Mailed this book today to kiptrix in South Carolina.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkiptrixwing from Summerville, South Carolina USA on Monday, January 06, 2003
I have just received this book today from StlMoMom. Thanks, looking forward to reading it, then will report and re-release.

Journal Entry 7 by wingkiptrixwing from Summerville, South Carolina USA on Tuesday, March 25, 2003
I enjoyed this early Kinsey Millhone mystery; it's a quick but satisfying book. I'll offer it up on the Book Wish List forum, as there are always people looking for books in this series.

3/26/03 This book has been promised and will soon be on a long journey!

Journal Entry 8 by wingkiptrixwing from Summerville, South Carolina USA on Thursday, March 27, 2003
C Is for Corpse is now on its way to Germany--hope it has a nice trip.

Journal Entry 9 by Herrundmeyer from Heilbronn, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, April 07, 2003
I got this in the mail today, along with John Krakauer's Into the Wild. Thanks to kiptrix! TBR.

This book is already earmarked for Muffin77!

Journal Entry 10 by Herrundmeyer from Heilbronn, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, April 12, 2003
The 3rd Kinsey Millhone mystery, dating back to the mid-80s. The cover text says "Smart, sexual, likable and a very modern operator."
Maybe modern was true 20 years ago, but you miss the Internet, mobile phones etc. But nonetheless, it's a good read, and I'm looking forward to reading D is for Deadbeat soon, which is already alluded to in this book, page 175.

******

Update: The deadbeat mentioned on p. 175 is not the one starring in D is for Deadbeat.

Released on Sunday, April 13, 2003 at Café Schwan am Burgplatz in Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany.

I'll meet Muffin77 at the RheinRuhrMeeting today, so I'll save on postage costs and hand it to her in persona.

Journal Entry 12 by Muffin77 from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Sunday, April 13, 2003
My first Sue Grafton book - will be reading it soon :)))
-----
Earmarked for myntti and then it'll go to lucycat

Journal Entry 13 by Muffin77 from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Friday, April 25, 2003
That was my first Grafton book and I enjoyed reading it. It was a short but not bad crime story and the last 6 pages were the best, I guess. Who ever knows and read Jeffery Deaver will understand that the excitement can be bigger. Still I am looking forward to read "D is for Deadbeat"...
-----
This one will go to myntti as soon as I also read the "D" book :)))

Journal Entry 14 by Muffin77 from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Wednesday, May 07, 2003
Sent with "D is for Deadbeat" to myntti in Finland - Hope you'll like them :).

Journal Entry 15 by wingmynttiwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, May 12, 2003
"C" and "D" are here! The books arrived on Friday, but I didn't have time to go to the post office to pick them up until today. Thanks, Muffin77!

Journal Entry 16 by wingmynttiwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, June 13, 2003
In my opinion "C Is for Corpse" was better than "A" and "B". "C" was fast-paced and I read it in two days (when I finally had time to start reading it...). I like Kinsey a lot - she is a great character!
I'll mail "C" to Lucycat in the beginning of next week.

Journal Entry 17 by wingmynttiwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, June 18, 2003
Mailed to Lucycat today.

Journal Entry 18 by lucycat from Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 20, 2003
Wow, that was fast!

Thanks to Myntti, Muffin77 and H&M particularly, but thank you also to everyone else who's passed this book along...I'll make sure that it doesn't stay idle for long.

Will be digging in soon!

Update 21/7/03

Exactly the right book to read just before moving house...fast-paced, involving, enjoyable, and a very easy read. Kinsey just gets better by the book, and I like the way the regular characters around her are starting to fill out more as the series goes on.

Looking forward to 'D'!

Will be headed out to Jackshome in today's post...happy reading!

Journal Entry 19 by jackshome from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, July 24, 2003
Received in the mail today, thank you! Looking forward to reading this :-)

Journal Entry 20 by jackshome from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, July 28, 2003
By far the best Grafton book yet (I'm reading them in series). I *really* enjoyed this...didn't like the part where she critisized vegetarians though ;)

Journal Entry 21 by jackshome at on Saturday, August 28, 2004
Released on Saturday, August 28, 2004 at OBCZ - Take 5, 17 Tombland in Norwich, England United Kingdom.

taken to the Norwich mini-meetup today, as there were no takers, i released this in the OBCZ.

Journal Entry 22 by Viperfang from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, October 31, 2005
Caught it in the Playhouse bar! Saw the bookcrossing label and thought id give it a go!

Journal Entry 23 by beekeeper40 at Riverside Park in Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, October 04, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (10/4/2009 UTC) at Riverside Park in Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom

Left somewhere in the park. Enjoy!