The Bear Went Over the Mountain

by William Kotzwinkle | Humor |
Registered by wingO-Jennywing of Temple, Texas USA on 5/23/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingO-Jennywing from Temple, Texas USA on Tuesday, May 23, 2006
The premise behind this book is just plain silly. A bear finds a novel in a briefcase in the woods, takes it to New York, has it published, and becomes a best-selling author. Yes, I said a bear.

Kotzwinkle's book has been popping up on my Amazon recommendations for a looooong time now, but from the description, I thought it'd be too stupid. Well, I was wrong. It was funny and clever. Not fabulous, but definitely an entertaining send-up of both the publishing industry and the academic community (the novel was stolen from an English professor). So, if you need something lightweight, but witty, this is a good choice.

Journal Entry 2 by alsomama from Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Lightweight and witty. Just the thing for a long plane ride. Which, coincidentally, I will be on in 2 days. What perfect timing! Thanks again, J!

Journal Entry 3 by alsomama from Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, October 12, 2008
Well, I guess I never took this on that long-ago plane trip. Because it turned up on a bookshelf I was rearranging the other day. Thought I'd read it before releasing. What fun! I loved the irreverent attitude. Do you know any bears? I guess I do! I won't be releasing this yet, as my husband is reading it now and we've convinced our book club to read it next. Thanks, again, JennyO.

Journal Entry 4 by alsomama at Group Health Bellevue in Bellevue, Washington USA on Monday, March 30, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/27/2009 UTC) at Group Health Bellevue in Bellevue, Washington USA

I left this book in the waiting room on the fourth floor of the new Group Health facility. I didn't see it when I came out from my appointment. I hope it found a good home and will be released again.