Ahab's Wife: Or, the Star-Gazer: A Novel

by Sena Jeter Naslund | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Moneypenny2 of Seattle, Washington USA on 5/22/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Moneypenny2 at Blue Star Cafe in Seattle, Washington USA on Monday, May 22, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (5/23/2006 UTC) at Blue Star Cafe in Seattle, Washington USA

Releasing at the Bookcrossing meetup tomorrow.

Journal Entry 2 by Moneypenny2 from Seattle, Washington USA on Monday, May 22, 2006
The biggest problem with this book is I didn't believe it. It also became a source of amusement when yet another famous person from the time period showed up...Henry James as a little boy was the last straw!

Journal Entry 3 by pixalu from Seattle, Washington USA on Monday, January 15, 2007
Got at a BC meetup.
Started reading 01/23/07
01/05/07: Finished. I rather liked this book, although it was quite long. And I agree with Money Penny in that the story is a little pretentious with all the characters from literature appearing. Anyhow it was a nice read.

Journal Entry 4 by Traevynn from Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Adopted at the February Seattle Bookcrossing meeting. From the above comments, this is obviously Sci-Fi with a strong emphasis on the "Fi" part. Guess I'll just have to see if I find it worth my time.

Journal Entry 5 by Traevynn at Lancaster, Ohio USA on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (11/30/2008 UTC) at Lancaster, Ohio USA

mailing this book to my mother in the hopes it will keep her entertained through the cold Ohio nights.