Three Bedrooms, One Corpse: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery (#3)

by Charlaine Harris | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by CheriePie of Campbell, California USA on 5/20/2006
Journal Entry 1 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Saturday, May 20, 2006
Requested this book through PaperBackSwap.com on behalf of NeedSun who's collecting the series (but can't participate in PBS since she's in Canada). :(

A Killing in Real Estate

Armed with a hefty inheritance, Aurora "Roe" Teagarden is embarking on a new career in real estate. But her first showing is, well, murder... when the elegant master bedroom reveals the body of a real-estate broker.

The house was all wrong for Roe's client, anyway. But the client is definitely right for her. Tall, sexy and rich, he's just what a thirtyish ex-librarian needs.

But when a second corpse appears at another showing, it's clear that a killer is on the loose in this cozy Atlanta suburb. And that Roe's new career may suddenly come to a dead end.

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Former librarian Aurora Teagarden, basking in the inheritance which made her financially independent and allowed her to quit her job at the library, is now seeking a new occupation to keep her from going stir crazy with boredom. Perhaps she'll follow in her mother's footsteps and become a highly successful real estate agent.... Unfortunately, as Roe embarks on her apprenticeship showing houses, she instead seems to be turning up corpses instead: two dead real estate agents in only a week's time! Maybe it's not quite so bad as it could be though.... After all, she may not have met the enigmatically handsome Martin Bartell otherwise. :D

I thoroughly enjoyed this 3rd story in the Aurora Teagarden mysteries. As usual, Aurora finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation, she's actually been the one to find the bodies both times. And it seems like she may finally have a hot and stimulating love interest now too! ;)

The reading is quick paced and the mystery keeps you guessing right up until the very end, when as usual, Roe figures out who's behind it all before the police do. However, I found her actions in confronting the suspect herself pretty stupid on her part. One of these days, she's gonna get herself killed! Heh, maybe that's why Ms. Harris ended this series. Maybe Roe finally did one (brave yet) stupid thing too many in the final book (book 8) and ended the series. LOL

This is reserved for Joanne, and then as a book spiral.

Journal Entry 3 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Sending this off to NeedSun, as like with the Stephanie Plum books, we're sharing the Aurora Teagarden series as well. (Some were collected by me and others by her.)

When she's finished with it, it'll become a Club VLAD book spiral along with the rest of the series, and then return to her, effectively becoming an RABCK. :)

Mailed 04-Apr-2007 via USPS International Air Mail (along with Kitty Goes to Washington and Plum Lovin').

Journal Entry 4 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 12, 2007
Received today...thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Much better than Book 2 since there was actually action in this book. Roe was so sensible throughout the entire book until the last few pages when she figured out who the murderer was. Silly silly girl! Her love interest in this book was so much better than the one in the last book. Lets keep him around for a while.

I'll hang onto this book until Books 1 & 2 in the series go overseas and perhaps Books 3 & 4 can travel together as well.

Journal Entry 6 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Monday, October 13, 2008
Here are all the books in this series that are going to be sent out in a book spiral.

1. Real Murders
2. A Bone to Pick
3. Three Bedrooms, One Corpse
4. The Julius House
5. Dead Over Heels
6. A Fool and His Honey
7. Last Scene Alive
8. Poppy Done to Death

Here are the participants and mailing order:

Wyvernfriend--->Ireland/Europe
sunlightbub--->UK/Int

Rianonne--->Austria/Europe
Not 1.Real Murders or 2.Bone to Pick)

CandyDarling--->Finland/int
cathepsut--->Germany/int
Morgaine77--->Germany/int

Books 3 and 4 split up here

Return to Cheriepie

shaunesay-->USA/US,Can
(Not 3.Three Bedrooms; 7.Last Scene Alive)
lizziwhizz-->USA/USA
(Only needs #6 A fool and his Honey)

MaplesFlowers-->USA/USA
(Only needs #5 Dead Over Heels)

Journal Entry 7 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Finally, sent by air today to Wyvernfriend--->Ireland/Europe

Journal Entry 8 by wyvernfriend from Lucan, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Thought I'd journalled it when I got it, and I read it pretty promptly and then it got lost in a pile of stuff I needed to deal with.

Finally got around to dealing with the pile.

Aurora has found herself a new job working for her mother but stumbles upon a corpse on her first day. She also finds herself interested in the buyer! When a second corpse shows up she realises that all is not rosy and she has to find out what's going on.

Interesting instalment in the series, Aurora is an interesting character and her relationships are fun to watch as they change and as she tries to find a place for herself in the world.

Journal Entry 9 by Sunnybubble from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Monday, December 29, 2008
Thanks = Looking forward to more of Aurora's adventures!

Journal Entry 10 by Sunnybubble from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Thursday, January 29, 2009
ANother enjoyable installment - Love at first sight for Aurora as she tries her hand as an estate agent...Nealry finished the Julius house too, so will get these off to Rhianonne asap

Journal Entry 11 by CandyDarling from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Thank you, I'm looking forward to reading more Aurora Teagarden!

Journal Entry 12 by CandyDarling from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, May 17, 2009
I loved the third Aurora Teagarden mystery! I really like Aurora, I liked how she handled things, and how she wasn't afraid of doing what she wants to do. (Like asking her date to pull off at the next exit instead of driving to the restaurant, *wink wink*. I wish Anita Blake could be more like Aurora...)

I respect Charlaine Harris for including comments on racism and homophobia, even though these issues weren't central to the plot. She could have just as easily not mentioned them, so I give her props for bringing up such issues. It's so easy to be blind to them if you're not a target.

Three Bedrooms, One Corpse was a quick, entertaining and easy read. I'm glad I have the next book here!

Journal Entry 13 by cathepsut from Metzingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, May 25, 2009
Wohoo, finally the next Aurora Teagarden! And it's perfect timing as well -- I only have one chapter left in my current book...

Journal Entry 14 by cathepsut at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 30, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/2/2009 UTC) at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

I've been fiddling around with this for three days now and have progressed to page 42. It just doesn't interest me at all. It's not Charlaine Harris -- I love her Sookie Stackhouse books. Well, perhaps that's the problem: no vampires in this one. I have the attention span of a small child at the moment and it shows in my reading performance. I decided there is no point with continuing this book, if I have to talk myself into picking it up just because it is a bookring and I feel obligated. It's packed up and I will post it next week, together with The Julius House.

Journal Entry 15 by Morgaine77 from Münchenstein, Baselland Switzerland on Sunday, July 19, 2009
I apologize for not journaling earlier. The book arrived safely with me.

Journal Entry 16 by Morgaine77 from Münchenstein, Baselland Switzerland on Friday, October 02, 2009
Finished reading this a while ago. It wasn't bad and I liked the mystery aspect of the book. But I'm rather annoyed by all the social stuff that seems to be so important to Roe. Is it a southern thing? Or is it e generation thing? I mentioned it in my comment to the previous book, but this whole need-to-get-married-and-have-babies business is rather annoying to me as a reader.
I did enjoy that already here in book three the Julius House was introduced and I was looking forward to learn more about it.