Easy Silence

by Angela Huth | Humor |
Registered by Sterile of Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on 5/19/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Sterile from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Friday, May 19, 2006
This is an ex-library book in good shape.

The marriage of William and Grace Handle has become a matter of amicable habit; they have constructed their working lives so that they spend whole days hardly talking or seeing each other except at mealtimes. He is the lead violin of a distinguished string quartet; she a painstaking painter of flowers for a children's reference book. Easy Silenceis a book about the sudden craziness of mid-life crisis--William develops a hopeless crush on the new young viola player who has joined the quartet and conceives the idea that, were he to murder his wife, Bonnie would fall into his arms and they would make music together forever.

Angela Huth's real achievement in all this is to make clear how silly and how dangerous William's fantasies are, without him ever losing our sympathy:

Journal Entry 2 by Sterile at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 19, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (5/19/2006 UTC) at Bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Placing into the Foxy737 bookbox to find a new fan!
May 2006

Journal Entry 3 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Thursday, July 20, 2006
I'm already a fan of Angela Huth and haven't read this.

Thanks for putting it in the box.

Journal Entry 4 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Great read! I get around to everything eventually :)

Bookring
1. arturogrande (UK)
2.pammykyn (USA)
3.sunfi (UsA)

Journal Entry 5 by winglelliewing at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, October 11, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (10/11/2008 UTC) at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Happy reading

Journal Entry 6 by arturogrande from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 16, 2008
You wait ages for a bookring and then...

Thanks very much, lellie.

Journal Entry 7 by arturogrande from Coalville, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 22, 2008
I enjoyed this book quite a lot - but saying that, there were a few things which annoyed me. I thought William was very odd, with his obsessions about bedclothes, and his obsession with Bonnie just seemed like an extension of that. One minute he realised he found Bonnie quite attractive, and the next he was thinking of ways to bump off his beloved wife. Bonnie was dreadful - I can't believe she was as innocent as all that and unaware of the effect her heady-handed flirtation was having on Wiliam.
I also thought that the tension built up nicely as the book went along, but the shocking act of violence - I won't spoil it - was a little out of place among the gentle stuff which had gone before it.
Having said that, I did enjoy the book and will look out for more by Angela Huth.
Thank you for sharing this, lellie. It's now on its way to pammykn.

Journal Entry 8 by pammykn from Decatur, Alabama USA on Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Thanks looking forward to reading.

Journal Entry 9 by pammykn from Decatur, Alabama USA on Thursday, January 08, 2009
Have contacted sunfi and will mail off as soon as I receive address. Thanks for shaing this book. Mailing out 01/09/09.

Journal Entry 10 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Thursday, January 15, 2009
Received in the mail today along with another book. I have 3 rings ahead of this one and will and will get it on it's way within the next 6 weeks. Thanks to pammykyn for mailing this to me and lellie for including me in this ring.

Journal Entry 11 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 04, 2009
A story about a couple who have been married for a number of years. The husband starts to fall for someone else and decides to kill his wife but he keeps screwing it up. A bit of a black comedy, it's like a nice cup of tea, pretty even and nothing too excitable except for one act of violence that seemed completely out of place. It took me a little while to get into it and I almost gave up but I'm glad I stuck with it and finished it out.

I'm planning on offering this up as a Ray-it-Forward in the next few days and will hopefully have it on it's way somewhere in the next week or so.

Thanks again to lellie for including me and pammykn for mailing it to me.

Journal Entry 12 by sunfi at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA on Saturday, March 14, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/14/2009 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA

Sent off via Media Mail to bug2004 as a Ray It Forward, it should be there in the next few weeks.

Journal Entry 13 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Saturday, March 21, 2009
Re'cvd today. Will get to it as quick as I can. Thanks for sharing! :)