Catharine (Phoenix 60p paperbacks)

by Jane Austen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 5/19/2006
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, May 19, 2006
This is an unusual little book; an unfinished early Jane Austen novel. What's more it was left behind by IT developers at my office - not an expected find??

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, December 22, 2006
(22/12) This is a charming little glimpse into the world of Austen, written (incomplete) before her famous novels.

The orphan Catherine 'Kitty' is being brought up by a stuffy, controlling aunt in Dorset. She meets the insufferable Camilla Stanley and her brother, the dashing handsome (natch) Edward. Aagh, love gained and lost!!

Don't worry that this is 'unfinished', at only 60 pages it is more like a complete short story.

Released 12 yrs ago (1/13/2007 UTC) at Caffe Nero IP1 book-crossing zone in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Going to the Ipswich meet-up tomorrow, probably

Journal Entry 4 by MrsDanvers from Aldeburgh, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, January 15, 2007
In an attempt to get over my Jane Austen phobia I picked up this exceedingly small book at the Ipswich meet-up.

Journal Entry 5 by MrsDanvers from Aldeburgh, Suffolk United Kingdom on Thursday, July 19, 2007
Poor Catharine doomed to live with her grudging maiden aunt and be-friended by the ghastly airhead Camilla Stanley, until the charming Edward appears unexpectedly.
An amusing short story; in reality an unfinshed, early novel.

Released 12 yrs ago (8/1/2007 UTC) at Caffe Nero, King's Parade OBCZ in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

On the shelf

Journal Entry 7 by requite from Umeå, Västerbotten Sweden on Saturday, August 18, 2007
I picked it up on a cafe near Kings College and took it back to Sweden. I shall read it and release it as soon as I get time to do so.