The Ruling Class

Registered by cestmoi of Hamilton, Ontario Canada on 5/23/2006
Journal Entry 1 by cestmoi at Panera Bread, Niagara Falls Blvd. in Amherst, New York USA on Tuesday, May 23, 2006

At a special meet up for Missyz.

Journal Entry 2 by cestmoi from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Journal Entry 3 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 28, 2006
I go all the way to Buffalo for a meetup and then I end up grabbing a book from my good friend cestmoi who I see all the time and raid her bookshelf just as often. LOL
TBR

Journal Entry 4 by chronicbooker3 at Cafe Demetre in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (6/20/2006 UTC) at Cafe Demetre in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Releasing at the Burlington meetup tonight

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Woooweeee look at those pink shoes on the cover! Heel, toe, heel, toe.

I picked this up at the meetup tonight. Thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Woooweeee look at those pink shoes on the cover! Heel, toe, heel, toe.

I picked this up at the meetup tonight. Thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 26, 2007
I picked this book up as a quick aversion from the heavy stuff I've recently been reading. I felt as though I had lost all my brain cells afer finishing!
The Ruling Class (or RCs) is a clique of snobby rich girls from a snobby rich town. They torment anyone who is even the slightest bit different from them, outcasting them from the school. When Twyla Gay (what a name!) starts school after having moved from Dallas, she finds herself the next victim. But she won't let herself be run out of the school that easily!
A couple of pages into this book and you start to wonder if you're reading the book Mean Girls the movie was based on. I did some research, and oh no, it's not the same book! They both came out in the same year. Here's betting that this book came out after Mean Girls was such a success. Except Mean Girls was funnier and whittier. Some of the things that these girls say are racist, which I don't think Mean Girls ever stooped to.
Yes, it's nice to see the bitches get their come-uppance at the end, but it's not worth reading just for that. Go rent Mean Girls instead, you'll find it more enjoyable.

Released 12 yrs ago (4/21/2007 UTC) at Marriott Charleston Riverview Hotel in Charleston, South Carolina USA

Left on the book buffet.

Journal Entry 9 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Tuesday, April 24, 2007
And I picked it up!! Hee hee. You know I love teen books!

It was awesome meeting you Lauren! Hope to see you again sometime soon! (Obsessapalooza, maybe????)

Journal Entry 10 by EllyMae58 at -- somewhere in San Diego -- in San Diego, California USA on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (9/9/2012 UTC) at -- somewhere in San Diego -- in San Diego, California USA

Where it ends up, nobody knows!