English Passengers

by Matthew Kneale | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by ozone-nut of Yelverton, Devon United Kingdom on 5/14/2006
Journal Entry 1 by ozone-nut from Yelverton, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, May 14, 2006
In 1857 Rev Geoffrey Wilson sets out for Tasmania believing it the location of the Garden of Eden. He travels with Dr Potter and to reach their destination they have unknowingly chartered a Manx smuggling ship, which has of course its own agenda. On arrival in Tasmania they find it is far from a Garden of Eden.

I loved this book which is unusual for me. I'm a bit of a philistine and really only like books based on events from about the mid 20th C onwards so this one must have been good to hold my interest.

I was going to keep this one in my PC, but I spotted it on the wish list of one of my favourite BCers so it's on the way to her...

Journal Entry 2 by Molyneux from Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 30, 2008
oooops! Didn't journal this one, sorry! I did enjoy it but now it's time to pass it on to another BCer as RABCK at the Convention!

Released 11 yrs ago (3/30/2008 UTC) at Passed onto another bookcrosser in -- By post or by hand --, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Passing on as RABCK

If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome. Please make as few or as many comments about the book as you wish. The book is now yours to do with as you choose. Keep it, pass it on, but please leave the label, so it can keep in touch with us. If you would like to know what happens to the book after you have passed it on, then do join - it's free, private and it's fun!
And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me molyneux, as your referring member.

Why not join the party at the BookCrossing Anniversary Convention in London April 2008 Convention website

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Found with my name on it at the convention. Many thanks, Molyneux!

v

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, March 28, 2011
A lovely book, at times incredibly funny, at others deeply thoughtful, with the odd moment of high adventure thrown in for good luck. And best of all, all the characters meet suitable fates without it seeming contrived.

v

Released 8 yrs ago (7/11/2011 UTC) at University of Canterbury, English Building in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

On the "free stuff" table outside the English department.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group.