Pride, Prejudice and Jasmin Field

by Melissa Nathan | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by macewoman of Winston Salem, North Carolina USA on 5/21/2006
Journal Entry 1 by macewoman from Winston Salem, North Carolina USA on Sunday, May 21, 2006
From Amazon.com
From Booklist
As the title suggests, this is a modern and witty retelling of Pride and Prejudice. Jasmin Field, a columnist for a woman's magazine, is invited to audition for a charity production of the Austen novel, which is to be directed by the Oscar-winning actor Harry Noble. Jasmin sees this as fodder for her column but is selected for the lead role of Lizzie Bennet instead, even though the haughty Noble calls her "the ugly sister" after her beautiful sister, George, an actual actress, also auditions. Soon the lives and interactions of the cast members begin to resemble the characters they portray. Everyone swoons over the famous Noble except for Jasmin, who considers him an aloof, unfeeling egotist, which is his cue for becoming besotted with her. All the elements of the original story are here, cleverly molded to fit modern characters and situations involving career women and the contemporary arena for scandals: the tabloids. Nathan succeeds admirably in paying homage to a classic with her delightful tale. Patty Engelmann
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

Including in ILuvToRead2's Chick-Lit Bookbox.

Journal Entry 2 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, September 23, 2006
Pulled from ILuv2Read's chick lit bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Monday, February 04, 2008
This was a fun read. The story is about actors in a play of Pride and Prejudice, and the characters' "real" lives closely parallel the lives of characters in Pride and Prejudice.

Journal Entry 4 by Morgail at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, March 15, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (3/15/2008 UTC) at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Adding to Elizardbreath's Offspring of the Wrap-It-Up Bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by elizardbreath from Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Monday, May 12, 2008
This came home to me in my Wrap-It-Up bookbox today. Thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by elizardbreath at Pendleton Book Company in Pendleton, Oregon USA on Thursday, December 17, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (12/16/2009 UTC) at Pendleton Book Company in Pendleton, Oregon USA

Releasing to the Pendleton Friends of the Library book sale. As much as I hate to let this book go, we are moving to another state and I really have to condense my collection. I hope it will go to a good home and have many happy travels!

To the finder of this book:

Thanks, and Happy BookCrossing! :)