Friends in High Places

by Donna Leon | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Findabair of St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 5/8/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Findabair from St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, May 08, 2006
Kjøpt på loppemarked - 9 bøker for hundre kroner =)

Fra baksiden:

"When Commissario Guido Brunetti is visited by a young bureaucrat investigating the lack of official approval for the building of his apartement years before, his first reaction, like any other Venetian, is to think of whom he knows who might bring pressure to bear on the relevant government department. But when the bureaucrat rings Brunetti at work, clearly scared, and is then found dead after a fall from scaffolding, something is clearly going on that has implications greater than the fate of Brunetti's own apartement..."

Journal Entry 2 by Findabair from St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, May 22, 2006
Spennende om korrupsjon og narkotika i Venezia. Godt driv fremover i plottet uten at det ble masete dramatisk. Beskrivelsene av Venezia er fantastiske; jeg liker Brunetti veldig godt, kanskje særlig fordi han faktisk har det bra, i motsetning til mange andre krim-helter, som plages av alkoholisme, kjærlighetsproblemer, jobbkonflikter, osv. Forøvrig var det morsomt at Brunettis kone og datter leser bøkene om Jack Aubrey og Stephen Maturin av Patrick O'Brien, som er noen av mine egne favorittbøker =)

Journal Entry 3 by Findabair from St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, June 09, 2006
Jeg avholdt en RABCK for å feire min nye jobb; notnot vant denne der =)

Journal Entry 4 by Findabair at on Monday, June 12, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (6/12/2006 UTC) at

Sendt til notnot idag =)

Journal Entry 5 by notnot from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Boken lå i postkassen i dag og ventet på meg. Tusen takk, Findabair! Gleder meg til å lese denne, men det kan ta noe tid før jeg får startet på den da mitt Mount TBR er høyt for tiden.

Journal Entry 6 by notnot from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Finished the book yesterday on the plane home from summer vacation. I liked it very much. The author gives a good description of Venice, and I am now tempted to go there!

Journal Entry 7 by notnot at NTNU Dragvoll - ISK in Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Monday, September 04, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (9/4/2006 UTC) at NTNU Dragvoll - ISK in Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway

In the zone.

Journal Entry 8 by mirthful from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Sunday, October 01, 2006
An enjoyable crime story from Venetia... If the description of "how things work" in the city are accurate, and I don't really have reason to believe otherwise, I'm sure glad I don't live there. I'd love to visit, though.

Just like Findabair I found it higly entertaining that Chiara is reading O'Brian (and that her mother loved the books) - I've been feeling an O'Brian reread coming up, though it's not that long since the last time...

Incidentally, this turned up in the zone a while back - 4 weeks ago seems about right - then disappeared for a week or two, and then reappeared a few days ago, so it seems "Anonymous Finder" has been reading without leaving his/her mark... Nothing to be done about it, and I'll probably return this to the zone in any case.

Journal Entry 9 by mirthful at NTNU Dragvoll - ISK in Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Monday, November 06, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (10/25/2006 UTC) at NTNU Dragvoll - ISK in Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway

It's back in the zone.

Journal Entry 10 by notnot from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Thursday, February 08, 2007
Picked it up from the zone where it has been sitting for a long while. Will take it with me to the meetup on Saturday 10th.

Journal Entry 11 by notnot at on Friday, February 09, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (2/10/2007 UTC) at

Tas med til BC møtet.

Journal Entry 12 by Tuttasb from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Saturday, February 10, 2007
Got this book at the BC-meetup in Trondheim today. The book will be read & released.

Journal Entry 13 by Tuttasb from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Saturday, June 16, 2007
This is the first book I've read written by Donna Leon and I enjoyed it. It was a good crime story! Now I'll take this book with me to London next week and release it there.

Released 12 yrs ago (6/21/2007 UTC) at The Stamford Arms, Stamford Street in Southwark, Greater London United Kingdom

Hope someone will enjoy this book!