Snobs: A Novel

by Julian Fellowes | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0753820099 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 5/6/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 6, 2006
Julian Fellowes has many claims to fame but for me, and probably for many others as well, first and foremost he will always be Kilwillie in Monarch of the Glen.

In Snobs, he has written an entertaining novel, described by the Daily Telegraph as “wickedly funny” and by Jilly Cooper as: “A brilliantly malicious portrait of upper class society and all those who long to be accepted by them.” It’s a world which I have no knowledge of, and very little interest in, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading this anyway - and I think you will too!

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at The Golden Lion in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 21, 2006

Released 17 yrs ago (5/23/2006 UTC) at The Golden Lion in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Once again I'm using Tree-hugger as a runner - but I really do plan to get to another meeting one of these months!

Journal Entry 3 by GembaKaizen from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 1, 2006
Brilliant, well written book. I am from Sussex and I recognise the way people are constantly posturing against each other immediately. he has a brilliant way of understanding the motivations of snobs. It is the story of one of these ascendants who tries the crown and decides it does not fit. Super!

Journal Entry 4 by Ally1665 from Silsden, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Picked up at a meetup a few months ago. I couldn't get into this at all so taking to Leeds tonight.

Journal Entry 5 by misterhorse from Maghull, Merseyside United Kingdom on Saturday, December 30, 2006
I judged this book from it cover thinking it was set in the 1930s or 40s..but it was bout modern snobs...not interested

Journal Entry 6 by oldchapel at Old Methodist Chapel in Silsden, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 23, 2007

Released 16 yrs ago (4/23/2007 UTC) at Old Methodist Chapel in Silsden, West Yorkshire United Kingdom