The Devil Wears Prada

by Lauren Weisberger | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by bean-frog of Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on 5/3/2006
Journal Entry 1 by bean-frog from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 03, 2006
When Andrea first sets foot in the plush Manhattan offices of Runway she knows nothing. She's never even heard of the world's most fashionable magazine, or it's feared and fawned-over editor, Miranda priestly. Soon, she knows way too much.

She knows that it's a sacking offence to wear less than a three-inch heel to work - but there's always a fresh pair of Manolos in the accessories cupboard She knows that eight stone is fat. That you can charge anything to the runway account, but you can never leave your desk, or let Miranda's coffee get cold.

Most of all, Andrea knows that Miranda is a monster boss who makes Cruella de Vil look like a fluffy bunny. But this is her big break, and it's all going to be worth it in the end. Isn't it?

I'm sending this book out to travel the world in a bookring! If you'd like to join, pm me and I'll add you to the list. So far it is:

lapin-blanc, France
rubyjules, USA <--- Here
tania-in-nc, USA
hsah, India
bean_frog, UK

The rules of this bookring are pretty relaxed, as long as you journal the book at least once, and pass it on when you're done, that's fine!

Happy reading everybody!

Journal Entry 2 by lapin-blanc from Bern, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, June 05, 2006
What a pleasant surprise! Just came back from a 4 days-long week-end and this book was waiting for me. Have been looking forward to reading this one!Thank you very much Bean-Frog.

Journal Entry 3 by lapin-blanc from Bern, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Definitely a good « chicklit ». Easy entertaining read but I didn’t find the main character very likeable.
I mean, how stupid is she to believe she would get THE amazing publishing job she was after by working as a slave for a tyrannical and totally abusive boss for a year!

Sent to BOKWORMY on 3rd of July.

Journal Entry 4 by BOKWORMY on Friday, July 07, 2006
Just received in the post thanks to Lapin-Blanc.

Thanks to bean-frog for sharing it with me *-)

Taking it with me on holidays !!!

Journal Entry 5 by BOKWORMY at on Thursday, August 03, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (8/1/2006 UTC) at

On the way to letra *-)

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, August 04, 2006
Thank you BOKWORMY. I'll read and send along ASAP :)

CAUGHT IN LISBOA LISBOA PORTUGAL

Journal Entry 7 by letra on Friday, August 04, 2006
Ooops! Sorry everybody, I didn't realise i wasn't logged in. I'm the "anonymous finder" from the previous journal entry.

Journal Entry 8 by letra on Friday, August 11, 2006
This is one of the few chick lit books I have ever read and probably the best one so far. It's a very fast and enjoyable read - perfect for summer.

Thanks for sharing, Bean-frog. I'll mail it to Girosauro as soon as I have an address.

PS (August 16th): Girosauro doesn't answer my PMs, so I'm contacting the next person on the BookRing list.

PS (August 18th): On the way to Girosauro. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by girosauro from Fermo, Marche Italy on Monday, August 28, 2006
arrived today!!
hopin' to read it as soon as possible!!

Journal Entry 10 by girosauro from Fermo, Marche Italy on Friday, September 22, 2006
really funny!! I loved the description of the "Runaway"-girls...now I'm waiting for the movie.
on the way to beatyredefined!!

PS for me this was the last of the 3 books of beanfrog, so I want to thank her for this lovely idea...sharing this books was such a good thing!!! made my summer really better!

Journal Entry 11 by beautyredefined from Washington, District of Columbia USA on Sunday, October 01, 2006
I just got this book on Thursday, and I'm already almost done. It's a good read when you don't want to have to think to hard about it, but I can't help drawing comparisons between it and Sex and the City. Thanks for sharing it bean-frog, and I'll get it out to the next person on the list shortly!

Journal Entry 12 by rubyjules from Clifton Park, New York USA on Monday, October 30, 2006
Sorry I haven't been able to journal this sooner, my internet time has been drastically cut! I read this over the weekend, and it wasn't nearly as good as I had heard or hoped. I will be sending it on as soon as I have the next address.

Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 13 by rubyjules at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 09, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (11/9/2006 UTC) at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

I'm sending this back to Bean-Frog at her request. I didn't get any replies from tania-in-nc, either. Thank you so much for sharing this book!