The Tulip

by Anna Pavord | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 7/27/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Thursday, July 27, 2006
Picked this up at BookCloseouts.com to add to my "Books about things" bookbox.

From the cover -
THE TULIP is not a gardening book. It is the story of a flower that has made men mad. Greed, desire, anguish, devotion have all played their part in the development of the tulip from a wild flower of the asian steppes to the world-wide phenomenon it is today.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Wednesday, August 16, 2006
This is a lovely book, but unfortunately, I found the writing rather dry. Perhaps if I were more interested in botany, I would have found it more compelling. Lots of interesting info, but unfortunately it didn't hold my interest the way I'd hoped.

This will be going into my "Books about Things" bookbox. Hopefully another reader might get more from this than I did.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmaryzeewing at Books about Things bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (9/6/2006 UTC) at Books about Things bookbox in Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Putting into my "Books about Things" bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by gomboggit from Baker City, Oregon USA on Wednesday, September 20, 2006
chosen from the books about things bookbox