The Other Boleyn Girl

by Philippa Gregory | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by sunsetb of Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on 4/30/2006
Journal Entry 1 by sunsetb from Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, April 30, 2006
(backleaf)

Two sisters competing for the greatest prize: the love of a king.

When Mary Boleyn comes to court as an innocent girl of fourteen, she catches the eye of Henry VIII. Dazzled by the king, Mary falls in love with both her golden prince and her growing role as unofficial queen. However, she soon realizees just how much she is a pawn in her family's ambitious plots as the king's interest begins to wane and she is forced to step aside for her best friend and rival: her sister, Anne. Then Mary knows that she must defy her family and her king, and take her fate into her own hands.
A rich and compelling tale of love, sex, ambition, and intrigue, The Other Boleyn Girl introduces a woman of extraordinary determination and desire who lived at the heart of the most exciting and glamorous court in Europe and survived by following her own heart.

"Magically evokes the glory and the ruthlessness of Tudor England while exploring the love and rivalry between two sisters... Flawlessly done!"
~ Pamela Berkman, author of Her Infinite Variety

********************************************************************

A Christmas gift from my daughter, GateGypsy. Devoured it, myself. Passing it on to her now!

Journal Entry 2 by GateGypsy from Ladysmith, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, April 30, 2006
Mom (sunsetb) just passed this to me during a hit-and-run visit home to the Island this weekend. Spiriting it away back to White Rock, where I'm staying right now, and will hopefully get to it when I've finished up with the other books on my rather surprisingly tall Mount TBR.

***********

Promised to Blackadder and in the post Sept 10/08. Different cover.

Journal Entry 3 by blackadder75 from Lebanon, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Got this in yesterday's mail. Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 4 by Donduckandy from Hazleton, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, October 12, 2008
Received from blackadder75 on Friday.