Hating Gladys

by Leona Gom | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Pooker3 of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 4/29/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Pooker3 from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, April 29, 2006
Picked this up at the Children's Hospital Book Market on the last day. I was tempted on the first day, but didn't want to part with $3.50. :) But at 20 books for $5, I gave in.

Journal Entry 2 by Pooker3 from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Sunday, August 13, 2006
A very interesting story, skillfully told. Four women whose lives intersect, Gladys Pratt who owns a restaurant in the Yukon, Elkee and Kendy who work for Gladys during the summer (like many other young women earning money during the summer to go to school) and Faith, the daughter of a long time employee. Gladys treats these women ( and everyone) horribly and they hate her, carrying their hatred with them for the next thirty-five years. Gladys meets an unpleasant end.

Journal Entry 3 by Pooker3 from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Tuesday, September 05, 2006
I seem to recall Kimmi mentioning on one of the fora that she liked Leona Gom. Well this book is my first exposure to her and I quite enjoyed it. I'll be looking for more of Gom's writing (I hope there's more!)
I don't know if this book will make it back to you Kimmi or whether you've already read it, but into the Canadian Authors Bookbox it goes. Hope whoever gets it next enjoys it.

Journal Entry 4 by Pooker3 from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, September 06, 2006
I bid goodbye to Gladys as she heads off to Alberta in the Canadian authors bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, October 13, 2006
Took out of Kimmi's Canadian Authors Bookbox. Looks interesting.

Journal Entry 6 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, January 06, 2007
Good story! Stayed up until 3:00am to finish it!

Journal Entry 7 by loveamystery at bookbox in Bookbox, Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 05, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (5/5/2007 UTC) at bookbox in Bookbox, Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Placed in Kimmi's Canadian authors bookbox#2. Released for the 2007 Keep Them Moving release challenge.