America the Beautiful

by Moon Unit Zappa | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingDolphuswing of Luzern, Luzern Switzerland on 4/28/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingDolphuswing from Luzern, Luzern Switzerland on Friday, April 28, 2006
I guess we can safely assume that the author writes about her characters with some authoritative knowledge, since she obviously draws heavily on some of her own background, which, of course, does not mean that this is an autobiographical story.

The story itself is not all that noteworthy, but I have to say that I respect the author's writing skills for rendering, what could have turned out as a terribly annoying account about a very narcissistic protagonist, into a quite entertaining book.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDolphuswing from Luzern, Luzern Switzerland on Sunday, May 07, 2006
Will be brought to the Zurich meeting on 9 May

Journal Entry 3 by KatColorado from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Wednesday, May 10, 2006
I took it home from yesterday's meetUp...

Journal Entry 4 by KatColorado from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Friday, May 19, 2006
America wasn't really my cup of tea. She was so over the top a lot of times. I just didn't get her problems, to me she seemed simply rather spoiled. I guess I just don't like books where people are miserable without ever changing...

Journal Entry 5 by KatColorado at Mondpalast (Hostel) in Dresden, Sachsen Germany on Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (5/25/2006 UTC) at Mondpalast (Hostel) in Dresden, Sachsen Germany

I'll take this book to this year's MegaMeetUp in Dresden. I don't know yet where I'll release it, either at the Mondpalast or somewhere else together with a lot of bookcrossers...

Journal Entry 6 by Xarodoc from Nauheim, Hessen Germany on Friday, June 02, 2006
I took the book at the bookcrossing convention in Dresden.
On the back cover is a statement from Alanis Morissette (Ontario) printed. Let's find out what she likes!

Journal Entry 7 by Xarodoc from Nauheim, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Read the book some time ago. Just noticed that I didn't write about it.
Well, it's rather a girlie book, but ok.

It becomes a Convention-Book, moving form one to the next.
I will take the book to the Bookcrossing Convention 2008 in London, England.

Hey Dolphus, you might see your book there! Wish it luck!

Journal Entry 8 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, April 18, 2008
Picked up from the book table at the convention. I'm off to America after the convention, and this book was just screaming to be taken there with me. I'll try and find somewhere interesting to release it...

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 9 by futurecat at World's Largest Frying Pan in Rose Hill, North Carolina USA on Thursday, May 01, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (4/29/2008 UTC) at World's Largest Frying Pan in Rose Hill, North Carolina USA

On the fence around the frying pan (which, according to the sign, can hold 200 gallons of oil, and 365 chickens).

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

^ ^