The Tombs of Atuan (The Earthsea Cycle, Book 2)

by Ursula K. LeGuin | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by kbgoffe of Beaverton, Oregon USA on 4/28/2006
Journal Entry 1 by kbgoffe from Beaverton, Oregon USA on Friday, April 28, 2006
While shopping with to ellymae58 at the Multnomah Library’s Title Wave Used Bookstore I found this book. Currently I am in possession of a Newbery book box. This book won the Newbery Honor award. I also had to pick it up as I just met Ursula K. Le Guin at Wordstock.

Book Description
When young Tenar is chosen as high priestess to the ancient and nameless Powers of the Earth, everything is taken away -- home, family, possessions, even her name. For she is now Arha, the Eaten One, guardian of the ominous Tombs of Atuan. While she is learning her way through the dark labyrinth, a young wizard, Ged, comes to steal the Tombs' greatest hidden treasure, the Ring of Erreth-Akbe. But Ged also brings with him the light of magic, and together, he and Tenar escape from the darkness that has become her domain.

With millions of copies sold, Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea Cycle has earned a treasured place on the shelves of fantasy lovers everywhere. Complex, innovative, and deeply moral, this quintessential fantasy sequence has been compared with the work of J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis, and has helped make Le Guin one of the most distinguished fantasy and science fiction writers of all time. She lives in Portland, Oregon.

This is a former library book.

Journal Entry 2 by librarymousie from Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, June 20, 2006
This arrived with the aforementioned bookbox. Since I am the final stop, it will stay with me for a while and then continue its journey--either through wild release, direct release to a friend (and bookcrosser) who also digs children's literature, or perhaps another bookbox!

Since this is #2 in the Earthsea Cycle, which, to my husband's chagrin, I have never read, I may have to track down book #1. Oh, Bookcrossing, will you ever let my TBR list decline to an approachable height?! :)