Chocolat

by Joanne Harris | Women's Fiction |
Registered by charliewendy of Yarra Glen, Victoria Australia on 4/18/2006
Journal Entry 1 by charliewendy from Yarra Glen, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, April 18, 2006
From the blurb
"For the first time here is a novel in which chocolate enjoys its true importance. Rich, clever and mischievous, Chocolat is a literary feast for all the senses."

Journal Entry 2 by charliewendy from Yarra Glen, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, April 19, 2006
On its way to miss-gonewest today.

Journal Entry 3 by charliewendy from Yarra Glen, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, April 19, 2006
On its way to miss-gonewest today.

Journal Entry 4 by miss-gonewest from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, May 02, 2006
charliewendy thank you so much for sending this book to me, I am dying to read it and compare to "Five Quarters of the Orange"... I really appreciate you sharing this and the lovely note inside the cover.

The bad news is that 5 books have arrived in 5 days and alas I am buried in the middle of a ring. If there is a problem taking 'a little time' with this, please let me know asap and I will escalate it further up the pile!

I have some 'heavy' books to read so its delicious to know this lovely story will be waiting for me... especially now that is starting to get cold! And the movie - which I have yet to see.

I will keep you posted & let you know my thoughts.

Released 12 yrs ago (6/6/2007 UTC) at Returning the book home... in A fellow bookcrosser, A book loan -- Controlled Releases

After more than a whole year, I have finally, finally read this book and am now returning it home where it belongs!

I actually found this book hiding in a drawer in my coffee table (which is very large) just as I was about to go for a holiday to Bali so it had to come along with me! And yes, we did have a lovely time sitting by the pool drinking cocktails…!

I was hoping to find another wee book to go in with this, but nothing I had seemed to make up for the fact that I held on to this loan for so long. So please accept my apologies instead.

And I really did enjoy this book – although it seemed to sag in parts and become so very predictable in others. I kept thinking that perhaps it had been written for the very purpose of making it to the big screen but I having read some of her other work, I now understand that it’s just her writing style. I guess I’ll have to try and rent the movie and see how it compares to the book.

Many, many thanks for sending this on to me to read – I am just so sorry it took over a year to make it back home again! I hope it arrives safe and sound…

Best wishes.

Journal Entry 6 by charliewendy from Yarra Glen, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Thanks miss-gonewest, book arrived safely today. Glad you enjoyed it!