Fishing Up the Moon

by Anne Hines | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 4/14/2006
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, April 14, 2006
From the back cover: "Trying without success to manage a series of argumentative inner voices, a young Toronto secretary is suddenly catapulted out of her safe existence into hilarious adventure on Cape Breton Island. A humourous and touching tale, this book is a tribute to the unconquerable spirit of the people of Cape Breton Island, and to the voices of reason within each of us."

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (9/18/2011 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

I have had this book far too long and it is now time to release it. This is going to the Canadian Literature Sweepstakes winner. It's late, I know. Hope you enjoy it. It is supposed to be quite good.

Journal Entry 3 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 24, 2011
Looks like a cute story! Thank you so much for sharing this book and it's two travelling companions with me!

I will read and then help it continue its jouney!

Journal Entry 4 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, January 08, 2013
This very sweet book finally made it to the top of Mnt. TBR. Now I am so sorry it took so long. What a delightful read.

I love Canadian stories and character development. This was warm and funny and I devoured it in two evenings. I will make sure that the Calgary BookCrossers get a chance to share it, too.

Thank you so much for putting this book into my hands.

Journal Entry 5 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (1/12/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing at the January Calgary BookCrosser meet-up at the Joshua Tree Café.

Journal Entry 6 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 13, 2013
Intend to read the book for a challenge so perhaps it won't be on Mt TBR too long.

Journal Entry 7 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 13, 2013
I gave this book a really good try (up to page 116) but Dorie drives me crazy, and I had to put it down. This book is intended for another reader... passing it on!

Journal Entry 8 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (7/13/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took the book to the meetup at Cravings today.

Journal Entry 9 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 14, 2013
Picked up at July's Calgary meetup. Once again came home with too many books! This one may be on my shelf for awhile.