The Chamber

by John Grisham | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by aaja26 of Barrie, Ontario Canada on 4/14/2006
Journal Entry 1 by aaja26 from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 14, 2006
My friend Miriam bought this book second hand for her trip to New Zealand, as she would have lots of relaxing time available to read as she wrote her memoirs. I believe she purchased it in her home town of Rochester, New York, and brought it on the plane with her to Auckland. AS I was leaving the city on December 20 to visit my daughter in Wellington she handed it to me for the plane.

I polished it off in a few days, and my daughter read it while I was in Wellington. Then it travelled back to Auckland by train with me on January 4th, and bounced around in our car as my husband and I travelled around North and South Island. My husband read it in February and it has been waiting to be registered ever since.

Very well researched Grisham novel, with great detail about the prison system. But, it IS a Grisham, following his set pattern of lawyer fighting the Status Quo, and making good digs at the profession in general. Read it in a few days.