Dark Angel

by Mary Balogh | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by ioanathebold on 4/10/2006
Journal Entry 1 by ioanathebold on Monday, April 10, 2006
Jennifer Winwood, newly arrived in London and betrothed to a handsome man she adores, is bursting with happy expectations. But she gets caught in the middle of a nasty feud between her fiancé and the Earl of Thornhill when each decides to use her to hurt the other. When the dust settles, she finds herself forced to marry the earl in a union that seems to have nothing but bitterness and despair to offer both of them.

Journal Entry 2 by ioanathebold at on Monday, April 10, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (4/10/2006 UTC) at

Sent the book to Alexandra as a loan and well, :) I'm waiting to hear her opinion :)

Journal Entry 3 by aneca on Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Well I did enjoy reading it, I think it's representative of Balogh's early style but I also thought it was a very sad book. Because the villain isn't punished and Samantha feels betrayed in the end. I felt the bad deeds weren't punished enough - which is probably more close to the reality LOL. About the h/h I was more or less counting on their HEA being just a matter of time...

Now going to Jenny in Sweden

Journal Entry 4 by jennysbkpgs from Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Friday, June 02, 2006
Arrived in the mail today. Thanks!

This was a great book! The hero was really a good man, despite all rumours about him. He was honorable and took responsibility for his (and others') actions. He had feelings, and realised it too. Bertie (what a silly name, Bertie. I do prefer his given name Albert) was also noble and a good character. Loved it when he wondered if he'd been touched by the sun.

Journal Entry 5 by Lluthiel from Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, June 15, 2006
Got the book today :-D Thanks !

Journal Entry 6 by marta978 from Matosinhos, Porto Portugal on Monday, September 18, 2006
Mary Balogh cant go wrong! I dont think I enjoyed as much as I could have because I had already read the sequels and so knew most of the plot before but it stills was a good read. Thanks! Sending it to Sonia today.

Journal Entry 7 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Thursday, September 21, 2006
Arrived safely in the alps as part of a ring. Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 8 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Saturday, September 23, 2006
I haven't checked the date but this does feel like an earlier Balogh. I nonetheless enjoyed it greatly (read it in one day despite the fact that I'm at a training course and could only read during coffee breaks etc.) I'm very pleased to have read this... thanks Ioana! and now I'm curious as to what the sequels are which Marta refers to! Love to read them as well. Balogh is simply a very good writer. This felt a bit overly manichean to me... and the angel devil theme a bit heavy handed, but it still works so well! Thanks so much! I'll be sending this on to the next person in the ring soon.

This bookring now travels from Switzerland to Germany. (From there on to the UK). Thanks so much for making this available.

Journal Entry 10 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Monday, October 09, 2006
arrived during my vacation time, will start reading soon

update:
thanks for sharing this book with me.
Nice Regency, easy to read.

Journal Entry 11 by nikel27 at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 12, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (10/16/2006 UTC) at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

EnJoy the book !!!

Journal Entry 12 by dsbdreamrom from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Received this from Nicole. Will read and sent on the next person in the ring.

Journal Entry 13 by dsbdreamrom from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, November 17, 2006
I found this story too slow from the start and I didn't like the way the villian got away with what he did. Sending back to Ioana.

Journal Entry 14 by ioanathebold on Wednesday, December 13, 2006
The book arrived back home and the bookring is closed. Thanks everyone for participating :)