A Superior Death

by Nevada Barr | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 4/8/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, April 08, 2006
Picked this up at the Book Thing, for BC.

This is my 69th registration for the BC Race to 3 Million challenge.

From the cover -
Park ranger Anna Pigeon returns, in a mystery that unfolds in and around Lake Superior, in whose chilling depths sunken treasure comes with a deadly price.
Leaving behind memories of the Texas high desert and the environmental scam she helped uncover, Anna is adjusting to the cool damp of Lake Superior and the spirits and lore of the northern Midwest. But when a routine application for a diving permit reveals a grisly underwater murder, Anna finds herself 260 feet below the forbidding surface of the lake, searching for the connection between a drowned man and an age-old cargo ship.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Sunday, August 12, 2012
This is the 2nd in Barr's Anna Pigeon series, and I just read the first, Track of the Cat, a couple of weeks ago. I'm enjoying these; Anna is an intriguing, yet flawed character. With each book set in a different National Park, Barr invents a completely new set of characters in each book as well (other than Anna and her sister, Molly).

This was a compelling mystery, with several possible suspects. I did suspect the contraband that had been lost in the wreck, but not the murderer. Of course, Anna put it together at the end.

An enjoyable mystery that is now reserved for a special RABCK I'll be sending out in a couple of months.

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at Westminster, Maryland USA on Monday, June 04, 2018
Sadly, MaryZee passed suddenly in September 2012. MaryZee's daughter is now ready to rehome her mom's books and I was willing to collect and redistribute them to keep her literary legacy alive.

Journal Entry 4 by wingResQgeekwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, September 17, 2018
MaryZee was an enthusiastic evangelist for BookCrossing, and she is greatly missed by those who knew her. I am glad to have had the opportunity to be her friend and am honored to be able to share some of her books with the world.

Journal Entry 5 by wingResQgeekwing at US Patent & Trademark Off. - Randolph Bldg. in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Thursday, October 04, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (10/4/2018 UTC) at US Patent & Trademark Off. - Randolph Bldg. in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Left on one of the tables outside the Einstein Bagels/Quiznos Subs shop.

======================

DEAR FINDER,

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by Lisamarie1789 at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 28, 2018
Hard to fallow, a lot of scrambling.