The Mysterious North

by Various, Dana Stabenow | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0451207424 Global Overview for this book
Registered by puppymummy of Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on 4/7/2006
Journal Entry 1 by puppymummy from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 07, 2006
From Anchorage to the Chilkoot Pass, from the Klondike gold rush to the present day, this one-of-a-kind collection of original mystery stories has a little bit of everything Alaskan. With mysteries as icy as the rugged landscape, Alaskan authors and Alaska lovers give readers a glimpse into what makes this place so alluring—and mysterious....

Journal Entry 2 by puppymummy from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, July 27, 2007
Like so many short story collections, this had a few good ones and a few average ones. Overall not a bad read, but I'm wishing I'd just skipped the last one.

Journal Entry 3 by puppymummy at on Monday, August 13, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (8/13/2007 UTC) at

Sending to the crazy happy smile day winner - just a little belated! Hope you enjoy it :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, August 28, 2007
And they're STILL arriving - so I'm still smiling! This looks interesting as I don't recall ever reading anything set in Alaska before. It almost appears that good old Aust Post sent this one via Alaska! [grin]
Thanks very much puppymummy.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Read this ages ago and forgot to journal it. As with any anthology, some stories are better than others. On the whole not the best lot I’ve read, but passable.

And recently read by the other member of the household with similar comments.

Journal Entry 6 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Leah's Little Street Library in Bunbury, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (2/25/2021 UTC) at Leah's Little Street Library in Bunbury, Western Australia Australia

Donation to Leah's Little Street Library.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Hello and congratulations!  You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large.  I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing - maybe even make a journal entry on this book.  You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!)  And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll tell them that crimson-tide referred you.  Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend, or even set it free out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did.  If you do choose to join, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry.  It's all completely confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address), free, and spam-free.

I hope you enjoy BookCrossing as much as I do. Happy reading!

Released 1 wk ago (4/7/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library, Lovegrove Ave in Bunbury, Western Australia Australia

Thankyou for choosing this book! I'm so glad you're checking out what all this bookcrossing business is about! Please enjoy the book then if you'd like, leave a journal entry & let us know what you think. If you love the book you're welcome to it but if you want to join in the fun release the book somewhere else & leave a journal entry letting us know where you left it.
Ps, if you join bookcrossing you get to see where the book gets to on its journey!