The Power of One

by Bryce Courtenay | Other |
Registered by Tinkaday of Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on 4/5/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Tinkaday from Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Book Description
"Unabashedly uplifting."
THE CLEVELAND PLAIN DEALER
Set in a world torn apart, where man enslaves his fellow man and freedom remains elusive, THE POWER OF ONE is the moving story of one young man's search for the love that binds friends, the passion that binds lovers, and the realization that it takes only one to change the world. A weak and friendless boy growing up in South Africa during World War II, Peekay turns to two older men, one black and one white, to show him how to find the courage to dream, to succeed, to triumph over a world when all seems lost, and to inspire him to summon up the most irrersistible force of all: the Power of One.

Journal Entry 2 by BettyBoekwurm from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Received as part of the bookring. It's the next book to be read.

Thank you Tinkaday!

Journal Entry 3 by BettyBoekwurm from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Monday, June 05, 2006
Finished it and I must say I found it an "Absoloodle" beautiful book.

I fell in love with the rich characters and even though I'm not particularly a boxing fan, I found myself enjoying the descriptions of the matches. And all this with the African background, makes up a lovely package. I think I'll miss Peekay...

Sent to rebeccaljames on the 8th June 2006

Journal Entry 4 by rebeccaljames from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Wednesday, June 21, 2006
I just received this book today. I have three boks before this one. I will get to this in a couple of weeks.

Journal Entry 5 by rebeccaljames from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Tuesday, August 22, 2006
I just finished reading this book tonight. I thought it was a wonderful book. I am waiting for Tinkaday's address and then the book will be heading back home.

Journal Entry 6 by rebeccaljames from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Friday, September 08, 2006
I mailed the book out Tuesday.

Journal Entry 7 by Tinkaday from Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, October 15, 2006
The ring is complete and the book made it home! :)