A Bend in the Road
9 journalers for this copy...
Miles Ryan's life seemed to end the day his wife was killed in a hit-and-run accident two years ago. As deputy sheriff of New Bern, North Carolina, he not only grieves for her and worries about their young son Jonah but longs to bring the unknown driver to justice. Then Miles meets Sarah Andrews, Jonah's second-grade teacher. A young woman recovering from a difficult divorce, Sarah moved to New Bern hoping to start over. Tentatively, Miles and Sarah reach out to each other...soon they are falling in love. But what neither realizes is that they are also bound together by a shocking secret, one that will force them to reexamine everything they believe in - including their love.
- rainwolfe(Crofton, Maryland)
- TeenieBeanie (Toronto, Canada - Prefers ship Candada only, will ship USA)
- lisabb2 (Grimes, Iowa - Ship USA Only)
- heartsong2 (Kearney, Nebraska - Prefers ship US only)
- collectorkerri(Melrose Park, Illinois USA - Ship USA/Canada Only)
- erinf31 (Surrey, British Columbia Canada - Ship to Canada/USA only)
- summerbreeze(Surrey, British Columbia Canada - Ship International)
- NeedSun (Aurora, Ontario Canada - Prefers ship to US or Int., not Canada)
- hetku77 (Pirkkala, Finland - Ship Int)
- dinkie (South Shields, UK)<----- Being Read By
- Hellie (South Shields, UK)
- blakkat-BNE (London, UK - Ship UK only - Moving to the UK in March '07)
- Helly77 (Burnley, UK)
- hshah(Mumbai, Maharashtra India - Ship within Asia)
- amberC (wanguri, Australia - Ship Australia only)
- acountkel(Charlotte, North Carolina USA - Ship International Surface)
Bookray instructions ( Copied from catsalive):
1. SIGN UP for this bookray by sending me a Private Message. Order of participants will be juggled between geography, date of request and shipping limitations. Late additions may be added to the end of the list.
2. When the person before you on the list finishes reading the book, they will send you a Private Message for your postal address. If you no longer wish to read it, let them (and me!) know and I will move you down/off the list.
3. WHEN YOU RECEIVE THE BOOK please make a journal entry so everyone knows it has safely arrived. Bookrays should not be stressful, take your time and enjoy the book. Just make sure it gets mailed on to the next person.
4. WHEN YOU FINISH THE BOOK, make another journal entry telling us what you thought - did you like it? Did you think it was well-written?
5. CONTINUE THE BOOKRAY by sending a Private Message to the person after you on the bookring list and request their postal address. Please check back here for the latest distribution list. If the person doesn't respond within 7-10 days (use your judgement), please PM the next person, and then me, so I can update the bookray list.
6. END OF THE RAY, The last person on the ray could try and continue the ray or just give/mail the book to someone else who might like to read it, an RABCK perhaps, look at cliff1976.com wish list web site or release it into the wild.
The prior stalled book can be found here. Forum post announcing this bookray can be found here.
This book will be on it's way to heartsong2 shortly!!!
Have collectorkerri's address and will post this coming Wednesday, 4/26.
Update: posted 4/26/06.
Sent on today to erinf31.
WILD RELEASE NOTES:
I mailed 'A Bend in the Road' to Summerbreeze. It should be there tomorrow or the next day. Enjoy! I enjoyed the book. There was a lot of romance at the start and then half way through the mystery starts to unfold.
Time to send it off to the next person.
Thank you for sending it to me. I am very much looking forward to reading it.
Thank you so much Summerbreeze for sending this book to me. I hope you are feeling better. And thanks to you both, efs300 and lisabb2, for giving me the opportunity to read my first book by Nicholas Sparks.
This book was sent by air to hetku77 on August 19.
1.12. I finished the book yesterday. It was typical story by Sparks; sweet and innocent in a way. Though I have to say I found the story a bit too predictive. It was obvious that the person who caused the death of Miles's wife had to be some one Sarah knew. Despite that the story was quite good and entertaining. The book will be sent to the next person once I have her address.
5.12. I wasn't able to reach Hellie either by pm or email, so the book was sent to Dinkie today.
Will pass the book on to Hellie on Thursday.