Dracula (Puffin Classics)

by Bram Stoker | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by asuzachan of Yuma, Arizona USA on 3/31/2006
Journal Entry 1 by asuzachan from Yuma, Arizona USA on Friday, March 31, 2006
I LOVE vampires. :)

Journal Entry 2 by asuzachan at Media Mail in Fellow bookcrosser, A Book Swap! -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, August 19, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (8/19/2006 UTC) at Media Mail in Fellow bookcrosser, A Book Swap! -- Controlled Releases

ina big box of books relayed to SueFitz.

Journal Entry 3 by Suefitz from Saratoga, California USA on Monday, September 25, 2006
Received as part of the "ABC Books" relay.

Journal Entry 4 by Suefitz from Saratoga, California USA on Wednesday, June 25, 2008
This book is a ...“Ray it Forward”!
Thanks to crrcookie for the idea.

Let me try and explain what a “Ray It Forward” is. More or less it is the lazy way for me to set up a common BookRay. Ordinarily a BookRay has a list of participants and it gets mailed down the line to the last person who does whatever they wish with the book. Well, I have no desire to maintain a list so this is what I figure. I’ll find the first person that wants this book and send it to them. I just ask that they pass the book along “BookRay” fashion when they are done with it.

If you are in possession of this book then please look for another BookCrosser to pass it to. Check the wish lists, the forums, a yahoo group, the BookRelay, or offer it at a meeting …whatever way you choose to pass it on is up to you. If it seems that no other BookCrossers want it then send it along its way as a wild release but this should be a last resort.

What are the advantages of Ray it Forward?

Time frame – I ask that you pass the book along in a couple months or so but because there is not a “waiting list” the time is a little more relaxed than a standard BookRay.

Shipping Preferences – Choose your own. If you need to post within your own country then do so. If you choose to send international that is great too. If postal costs are a problem right now then hand it to another BookCrosser at a meeting, release to an OBCZ, ask for postage from the receiver or find some other way to get the book in the hands of another BookCrosser.

***Please note that it would be polite to let the next person know that this is a Ray It Forward book before you pass it along to them so that they will know that they will be expected to pass it on in a couple months.

Less Stress – Please do your best to keep this book moving but I am going to try my hardest not to worry about it anymore as I send it into the world to be enjoyed by as many as is its fate.

HAVE FUN!

Released 11 yrs ago (6/28/2008 UTC) at RABCK to fellow Bookcrossing member in RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sending to luckaye in Australia to help with their "1001 Books before I Die" challenge.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by luckaye from Crestmead, Queensland Australia on Sunday, July 06, 2008
This was a surprise - thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by luckaye at Logan City, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (3/16/2011 UTC) at Logan City, Queensland Australia

sent via BookMooch.com

Journal Entry 8 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Monday, October 28, 2019
Oops!! Obviously received this one as a Mooch, and forgot to journal it as a BC book. Many apologies folks.

Jonathan Hasker's nightmarish experience at Castle Dracula is only the beginning of a chain of macabre events, of blood-curdling horrors unleashed from the depths of a dark and evil world which thrives on innocent victims. The vile Count is at large, intent on increasing his diabolical band of un-dead. He must be destroyed at all costs...

Journal Entry 9 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Monday, October 28, 2019
Anyway, despite not initially journaling the book I have now read it.

The classic horror tale of the hunt for Count Dracula, the Daddy of all vampires. I didn't know much about the actual story prior to reading it and found it to be better than expected. A tale told by a group of characters by means of journals and letters mostly, as well as a couple of other documents. The characters themselves could have done with a little more fleshing out and development as the story proceeded. The suspense built up nicely, becoming very melodramatic in the second half (as befits the era) but then the ending happened much too quickly and was a tad unsatisfying. The really annoying bit for me was the way Professor van Helsing just went on and on and on: long-winded, ponderous, sermonising and repetitive.

Journal Entry 10 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup Visitor Centre in Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/11/2019 UTC) at Balingup Visitor Centre in Balingup, Western Australia Australia

On the book swap shelf on the verandah.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Hello and congratulations!  You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large.  I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing - maybe even make a journal entry on this book.  You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!)  And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll tell them that crimson-tide referred you.  Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend, or even set it free out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did.  If you do choose to join, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry.  It's all completely confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

I hope you enjoy BookCrossing as much as I do. Happy reading!