The Oracle Betrayed (The Oracle Prophecies, Book One)

by Catherine Fisher | Teens |
Registered by faeriemyst on 3/30/2006
Journal Entry 1 by faeriemyst on Thursday, March 30, 2006
Hardcover.

Registered for the Race to 3 Million Books Registered Challenge.

The High Priestess interprets the wishes of the god as conveyed through the Oracle. Mirany serves the High Priestess. But when the god speaks to Mirany, she realizes that the High Priestess does not hear him, that she is manipulating the choosing of a new God-on-Earth for her own gain.

Mirany must join forces with Seth, a young tomb-robbing scribe who knows the secrets and hidden passages of their land, if she is to defeat the treachery that grips the kingdom. But they have powerful enemies who will stop at nothing to destroy them.

Journal Entry 2 by faeriemyst on Saturday, May 13, 2006
I really enjoyed this book with its mix of fantasy and history. I thought all of the characters and the plot were well fleshed out. I also thought the writing was excellent except for the more modern slang, which to me never felt quite right in the book. Yet, all in all it was a great page-turning read and I am highly anticipating the next book!

Journal Entry 3 by faeriemyst at By Mail in RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Released 17 yrs ago (11/6/2006 UTC) at By Mail in RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Happy travels! :)

Journal Entry 4 by rowenne from Winlock, Washington USA on Tuesday, November 14, 2006
I caught this book while bookmooching. It put up a fight, but I finally calmed it down enough to tell it I will release it back into the wilds of bookmooch.