Small Gods: A Novel of Discworld

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by lady-sybil of Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 11/29/2002
Journal Entry 1 by lady-sybil from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, November 29, 2002
This morning when I attempted to force yet ANOTHER discworld book onto limited shelfspace, I made the delighted discovery that I have two copies of Small Gods! Normally I would not dream of giving away any of my extensive Terry Pratchett collection, but I figured, let's register it and if someone wants it desperately enough, I might be convinced to part with it.

This one is an American edition, so it does not have the Josh Kirby illustration of Brutha and Om in the desert on the dustcover.

Journal Entry 2 by lady-sybil at -- Controlled Release in Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada on Tuesday, January 14, 2003
Released on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 at Another BookCrossing member... in Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada.

I'm sending this one to Trauko. Enjoy ...

Journal Entry 3 by Trauko on Sunday, January 26, 2003
Received the book.
Excellent story. I like the writing style and Pratchett's sense of humor. Will release it soon.

Journal Entry 4 by Trauko on Wednesday, February 05, 2003
Book on its way to Holland. Way to travel, Terry!
Enjoy,Jolanda.

Journal Entry 5 by Jolanda from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, April 01, 2003
I've received the book and will read it soon.

Journal Entry 6 by Jolanda from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, April 04, 2003
Just finished the book and I loved it. I'd a good laugh and will never look to a tortoise the same. :)

I'll give the book to my sister who enjoyed my description of the story. She never read pratchett before, I wonder what she think of it. The book probably will go back to me after she finished it.

Journal Entry 7 by natasjardam from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, April 27, 2003
Very funny! and it also makes you think about the world we live in. I will give it back to my lovely sister so she can "release" it again!

Natasja

Released on Friday, May 16, 2003 at Another Bookcrosser in Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands.

On it's way to a fellow bookcrosser in Deventer.

Journal Entry 9 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Wednesday, May 21, 2003
This is a book about religion, what it can do to people, what it can do to people in the hands of other people, with minds like a steel ball, wielding the religion like a blunt object of fear and blood. And what it can do to the Gods in question. The Gods, they need not exactly religion, with temples, bishops, priests, arch-deacons, slightly scary prophets, and a highly efficient Inquisition, no, what the Gods need is faith. They live on it.

Released on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 at to fellow BookCrosser in Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands.

Bij een bookcrosser op de eettafel.

Journal Entry 11 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, December 22, 2007
And lo and behold, the book has returned to me from the dinner table I left it on. I would like to reread it, since I believe this to be one of Pratchett's best Discworld novels. Lovely to see it came all the way from Australia!