Homesickness

by Murray Bail | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by peggysmum of Kambah, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 3/28/2006
Journal Entry 1 by peggysmum from Kambah, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Tuesday, March 28, 2006
psis
Thirteen men and women on a world tour, a package of pool-sides, museums, hotels and shops. But no matter where they go - Africa, England, South America, New York or Russia - they find nothing as they expected. Challenged by unexpected propositions, the tourists find themselves repelled.

Winner of the National Book Council Award for Australian Literature and the Age Book of the Year Award

Journal Entry 2 by peggysmum at Starbucks in Civic, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, March 31, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (3/6/2006 UTC) at Starbucks in Civic, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Welcome to BookCrossing

Thanks for checking the site out. I hope you enjoy both the book and the site. People all over the world are tracking their books through BookCrossing. While you're here, I'd really appreciate it if you'd make a journal entry for this book so I know that it's safe. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free).

If you do decide to become a BookCrosser please consider using me, peggysmum, as the member who referred you. If you are already familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book, I hope it is one you were looking for!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready pass it on to a friend, or leave it "in the wild" for someone else to find. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

****

At Thursday Stitch 'n' Bitch.

Journal Entry 3 by Sabavana from Mangrove Mountain, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, April 30, 2006
*waves* Hi peggysmum!
OH and I travelled to Canberra this weekend for his sister's wedding (at Googong Dam, Queanbeyan), and after the wedding last night we decided to take a stroll through Civic. Once we managed to find parking, we walked through that mall bit near Garema Place qne we ended up at Starbucks for a Banana Frappe (him) and a Chai Latte (me). We were happily sipping away when I noticed a guy picking up a book, and I commented to OH that I wondered if it was a BC book? Then it dawned on me that this is where you guys meet, and that there's a whole bookshelf here!! I was up out of my seat quicker than you could say 'Free Book', and found this little guy on the shelf.
I was a bit disappointed that I'd already released the book I'd had stashed in my handbag at the carpark, otherwise I could have added to the shelf, but nevermind. Canberra suburbs and the road to Sydney have a few extra books now anyway after my trip!
Thanks peggysmum for this book, it looks great! See you at Picton soon :-)

Journal Entry 4 by SweetPetunia at on Thursday, April 05, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (4/5/2007 UTC) at

Left in the departure area of the airport.