Witchlight

by Marion Zimmer Bradley | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by stardustnf of St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on 3/26/2006
Journal Entry 1 by stardustnf from St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Sunday, March 26, 2006
From the back of the book:

"Marion Zimmer Bradley, one of the most beloved and praised fantasy storytellers of our time, has once again written a compelling and powerful novel with larger-than-life characters.

Winter Musgrave's past is largely blank, her memories missing or tissue-thin. She seems to be possessed--objects shatter when she passes, the corpses of animals appear on her doorstep. And she has the terrible feeling that something horrible happened in her empty past--results of which are now haunting her with unbridled fury.

Seeking help, Winter turnes to Truth Jourdemanyne and learns that the key to unlocking her lost memories lies within herself--and in the magickal circle of friends in college. But the circle was broken long ago. Winter must reconstruct it if she is to save her life.

Not just the story of a woman's search for her missing past, Witchlight is a powerful novel of contemporary fantasy that pulls readers in and holds them until the final page. Anyone who loves good contemporary fiction will devour Witchlight."

While I usually thoroughly enjoy anything by Marion Zimmer Bradley, this was not necessarily one of my favorite books by her. A little more New-Age than I tend to like....although the character of Winter was well-constructed and developed enough of an interest for me to want to find out where the story took her. A fairly good book....just not one of my favorites.