~ The Last Promise

by Richard Paul Evans | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by stardustnf of St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on 3/26/2006
Journal Entry 1 by stardustnf from St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Sunday, March 26, 2006
About the book:

"In America, she was known simply as Ellen--a young woman who could only dream about love and art and passion...until a man came into her life, an irresistible Italian who turned her head and wanted to take her away. So she followed her heart...and followed him to Italy.

Now, living in a small rustic village, nestled in the Chianti countryside of Tuscany, she is Eliana--a mother and wife whose dream of becoming a painter has come true, but whose husband has left her disillusioned about love...until she meets a fellow American, a man who shares her passion for art and beauty and opens her eyes to life's possibilities.

But Elian is not a girl from Utah anymore. And this is not a dream about love, art, and passion. This is real. And their meeting is going to change her life forever..."

Although I'm not usually a fan of romances, Richard Paul Evans always has a way of pulling me in and keeping me to the very end. I loved to love the characters in this book, and Eliana's and Ross's love affair was beautiful and moving. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.