Closing Time

by Joseph Heller | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by spacecadetlv426 of Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on 3/26/2006
Journal Entry 1 by spacecadetlv426 from Hull, East Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 26, 2006
I found this in the BBC Building in Hull yesterday. I had to pick it up as it's the sequel to Catch 22 - which I am currently reading! The book is unregistered so I'm registering it now. I will re-release it when I've read it.

Synopsis from Amazon

A reissue of the breath-taking sequel to CATCH-22 - now a classic in its own right. Forty-two years ago Joseph Heller wrote the 20th century masterpiece CATCH-22, capturing the hilarious and tragic insanity of the times and galvanising the conscience of a generation. In the sequel, CLOSING TIME, he revisits many of the characters - now older, if not wiser - that made CATCH-22 so unforgettable: Yossarian, Milo Minderbinder, Chaplain Tappman, Sammy Singer and giant Lew, all linked in uneasy peace and old age, fighting not the Germans this time, but The End. CLOSING TIME is a stunning achievement; a chilling, darkly funny depiction of the moral collapse of the Western world.