IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW

by Cecelia Ahern | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by EllyMae58 of San Diego, California USA on 3/17/2006
Journal Entry 1 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Friday, March 17, 2006
Hardcover.

Elizabeth's life is an organized mess. The organized part is all due to Elizabeth's efforts. The mess is all due to her sister, Saoirse (pronounced Seer-sha), whose personal problems challenge Elizabeth's orderly world and leave her scrambling to pick up the pieces that Saoirse's whirlwind leaves behind. One of these pieces is Saoirse's son, Luke. Age 6, Luke is a quiet, contemplative boy whose all-too serious aunt cares for him well, and whose all-too unstable mother is a red headed blur. When Luke is playing on the front lawn of Elizabeth's home one day, witnessing the latest scene between his aunt and his mother, a friend walks into his life. A friend named Ivan. And this unexpected friend, whose origins are mysterious, will change the boy and his aunt in wonderful ways that neither of them could ever have expected.

Journal Entry 2 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Saturday, March 18, 2006
My 51st read of 2006.

This book was truly...magical. A very creative and imaginative story. I was capitivated from early on in the story, and I didn't want the book to end. Ivan's innocence was so sweet, but he had what you would call an "old soul". The only gripe I had with the book was just that I felt Elizabeth should have caught on sooner to the fact that Ivan was invisible to everyone else.

I loved how Ivan made Elizabeth's childhood dreams come true, and how she ended up portraying those experiences in the walls of the children's room. The story of Opal and Geoffrey was very touching as well.

This book will really make you think, What if? and make you believe in make believe...

The rights to this novel have been purchased by Disney, and a musical (a MUSICAL?) is in development, due for release in late 2006 or 2007. Hugh Jackman is set to play Ivan.

Journal Entry 3 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Saturday, March 18, 2006
Heading to noumena12, from the St. Patrick's Day Irish Swap #1!

Journal Entry 4 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Sunday, April 02, 2006
Thanks EM!!! I look forward to reading it...definitely BEFORE the movie comes out! :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingcollectorkerriwing from Springfield, Illinois USA on Saturday, April 21, 2007
Received as a RABCK at the Charleston BC Convention. Thanks, noumena12!