The Woods are Dark

by Richard Laymon | Journals |
Registered by wingjarewing of Port Richey, Florida USA on 3/15/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 15, 2006
I've had this in my TBR for some time now. I have a large number of Laymon novels that I have yet to read... I seem to be hoarding them since there won't be anymore. Time to stop, read, enjoy, and set free!

Cover blurb:

No one drives out of Barlow. No one stays out after dark. Except the Delivery Men, who haul like slaves of Statan, and the girls who can never say no.

It was business as usual in Barlow until Johnny Robbins broke the rules and returned to the scene of The Trees to save the girl he couldn't resist. The Devil had his number now and wouldn't let him escape. But he ran anyway, pursued by the hounds of Hell. He took the victims, and they ran for their lives from the terror that stalked the woods and ruled the roost in Barlow, California. A terror that said join us or die!

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Sunday, July 29, 2007
Another great Laymon novel! I had heard not too nice things about this one, many fans have said the ending was horrible. While not the greatest, it wasn't bad. Aparently, the real ending wasn't good enough for Warner books, so there is a chapbook out there that has the author's intended ending... and I MUST get my hands on it! This was a very quick read, and as with all Laymon, just not for the faint at heart. Will be releasing soon.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjarewing at Golden Bowl Buffet on Juan Tabo in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Sunday, July 29, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (7/29/2007 UTC) at Golden Bowl Buffet on Juan Tabo in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Left outside near the entrance. Released for my 2007 Horror Read And Release Challenge, July is Cults/religion gone bad month.