Night Pleasures (Replacement copy Dark Hunters #1)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon | Romance |
Registered by NeedSun of Perth Road, Ontario Canada on 3/15/2006
Journal Entry 1 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Back of Book:

Dear Reader,

Have you ever wanted to know what it's like to be immortal? To journey through the night stalking the evil that preys on humans? To have unlimited wealth, unlimited power? That is my existence, and it is dark and dangerous. I play hero to thousands, but am known to none. And I love every minute of it.

Or so I thought until one night when I woke up handcuffed to my worst nightmare: a conservative woman in a button-down shirt. Or in Amanda's case, buttoned all the way up to her chin. She's smart, sexy, witty, and wants nothing to do with the paranormal-in other words, me.

My attraction to Amanda Devereaux goes against everything I stand for. Not to mention the last time I fell in love it cost me not only my human life, but also my very soul. Yet every time I look at her, I find myself wanting to try again. Wanting to believe that love and loyalty do exist.

Even more disturbing, I find myself wondering if there's any way a woman like Amanda can love a man whose battle scars run deep, and whose heart was damaged by a betrayal so savage that he's not sure it will ever beat again.

Kyrian of Thrace

Journal Entry 2 by WatersideKatt from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, March 18, 2006
Received this book from Needsun.

Journal Entry 3 by WatersideKatt from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, May 15, 2006
Very enjoyable and quick reading. Look forward to the rest of the Dark-Hunter series. Will return to NeedSun.

Journal Entry 4 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 19, 2006

Journal Entry 5 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 19, 2006
Edit May 26: Sent today by air to cathepsut

Journal Entry 6 by cathepsut from Metzingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, June 18, 2006
It finally arrived! Together with another Anita Blake novel, oh no.... Which one first? ;-)

Journal Entry 7 by cathepsut from Metzingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, June 26, 2006
I expected a lot of vampire slaying, sort of Anita Blake with a twist. But there was very little slaying. Some vampires went up into dust, puff, like in Buffy. But they weren't very scary and actually pretty lame. The whole idea of Dark Hunters, Daimons and Apollites I felt to be overly complicated and long winded. There was, however, a lot of very steamy sex. The storyline was minimalistic. So all in all the sex kept me reading, but I was disappointed in the rest. I have books 2 and 3, I will see if it gets better.

Released 15 yrs ago (6/27/2006 UTC) at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Off to joasik in the morning, enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by joasik from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, July 7, 2006
Thanks. I got it like 2 days ago, will read after I finish the book I'm reading now.

Journal Entry 10 by joasik from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, July 17, 2006
I loved this book. The author created a really interesting world, in which characters are complicated enough to make it worth reading but not too-complicated. It helps I guess that I always loved Greek mythology and ancient history - it's easier to get into this book. And though I must say that the beginning wasn't so encouraging, it only got better with reading.

Journal Entry 11 by joasik at on Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Released 15 yrs ago (7/18/2006 UTC) at

Sent to the next person in the ring. Hope it travels quickly :)

Journal Entry 12 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 11, 2006
We believe this book is probably lost in the mail.
Booksnbeer has kindly restarted this ring with Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunters)by Sherrilyn Kenyon