Peach Girl, Book 7

by Miwa Ueda, Dan Papia | Graphic Novels |
ISBN: 1931514178 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingk00kaburrawing of San Jose, California USA on 3/15/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingk00kaburrawing from San Jose, California USA on Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Amazon.com: It's not easy being beautiful. The envy, the jealousy, the vicious rumors spread by your best friend. That's life for young Momo. While everyone thinks that Momo is a wild party girl, the reality is that she is shy and honest. Can Momo confess her love to her classmate Toji, or will her best friend Sae steal him away. It's a bittersweet drama of growing up and fitting in that will charm girls everywhere.

Journal Entry 2 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Monday, September 17, 2012

Journal Entry 3 by wingk00kaburrawing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (3/26/2013 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

adding to AlterEgoZoe's Manga Bookbox!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, June 29, 2013
Wow what a find to see the first 8 vol of this series together! I remember reading vol 1 a while back, didn't have much impression of it, but will give it another try.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, October 18, 2015
Hmm... can a person really be as obnoxious as Sae? It reminds me of The Robber Bride. On the other hand, I am liking Toji less and less, he's the type of guy who thinks he has to carry everything on his shoulders.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAzukiwing at Manga Boobox in Manga Bookbox, Book Box -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 21, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (12/21/2015 UTC) at Manga Boobox in Manga Bookbox, Book Box -- Controlled Releases

Putting into manga box. Vol 1-8, though not the complete story.

Journal Entry 7 by spacedog at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, January 19, 2016
took from manga book box

Journal Entry 8 by spacedog at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, June 12, 2016
in this book sae is so unbelievably evil and toji a little too stupidly noble that it was a little hard for me to stay engaged. still interested in seeing how it plays out, though.

Journal Entry 9 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, December 14, 2016
I've read bits and pieces from this series, and am claiming a few volumes from spacedog's Manga/Graphic Novel bookbox to fill in the gaps.

Later: Ooookay, this is one weird story - very dark, what with jealous girl Sae doing such horrible things that the "good guys" decide to teach her a lesson. But (surprise!) they wind up putting her in serious danger, though - Karma Houdini that Sae seems to be - she gets out of it in better shape than poor Momo does. I found most of the characters so unbelievable - Sae ridiculously evil, to the point of actually pulling Villain Laughs at times, and Momo ludicrously forgiving and awfully naive, and the guys running the gamut from anything-to-get-laid to love-you-forever-or-until-I-get-threatened. Wildly soap-opera, but this is set in high school, so it feels even worse than if the same things occurred on, say, Dynasty.

Actually, at one point in this book Momo *does* lay down the law to Sae - but Sae's too poisonous to take it without hitting back, and Momo can't keep holding on to hatred, however righteous. Oh, well, I guess I'm not the target audience for these...

[There's a TV Tropes page on the series with some entertaining tidbits. There have been animated and live-action adaptations of the story, too.]

Journal Entry 10 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, 1559 North Shore Rd in Revere, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, February 23, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (2/23/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library, 1559 North Shore Rd in Revere, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library at around 2 or so on this beautiful day; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2017 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***