Stories From The Vinyl Cafe

by Stuart McLean | Humor |
Registered by sharpquilter of Conestogo, Ontario Canada on 3/9/2006
Journal Entry 1 by sharpquilter from Conestogo, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 09, 2006
I was given this as a Christmas gift a few years back. i havn't read it as I don't favour short stories. Lately I was told that i would enjoy the humour, so I am willing to give it a try.

Released 5 yrs ago (4/27/2014 UTC) at Cafe 1842 Bookshelf in the Huether Hotel in Waterloo, Ontario Canada

will take to my book club meeting and if no one takes it will leave on the bookshelf

brought to my bookclub and one of the members 'found' and took it home.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 28, 2014
I got this book from sharpquilter at a book club meeting yesterday. Several of my friends had recommended this book to me, so I was happy to find it available.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 28, 2016
I enjoyed this charming collection of short stories, many of which centre around record store owner Dave and his wife Morley. McLean does a good job of portraying small-town Ontario with humour and sensitivity.

Thanks, sharpquilter, for passing this book onto me. It's now reserved for a wishlist tag.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 30, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (1/30/2016 UTC) at Waterloo, Ontario Canada

This book is on its way to tabby-cat-owner. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Tuesday, February 09, 2016
I received this in the mail from mathgirl40 of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada who tagged me in the wishlist tag game.

Thank you so much for tagging me, mathgirl40. I am looking forward to reading this book.

Journal Entry 8 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at Bellingham, Washington USA on Saturday, October 19, 2019
There were a few good stories in this collection but several of the stories were sad in a depressing way. Death was a topic, and the lives of these characters weren’t so funny, just seemed ridiculous in a sad way, but I am still damaged by the stories where animals die.

Released 3 wks ago (10/21/2019 UTC) at GuestHouse Inn, 805 Lakeway Drive in Bellingham, Washington USA

This book was left on the bookshelf in the lobby. It was released for the Keep Them Moving release challenge and the Never Judge A Book by its Cover release challenge. (There are a couple people on the cover turning away from the reader.)