Perfect Strangers

by Robyn Sisman | Women's Fiction |
Registered by freesia of Perth City, Western Australia Australia on 3/8/2006
Journal Entry 1 by freesia from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, March 08, 2006
This fast-paced chick-lit novel is about the spontaneous and imaginative Suze, an advertising creative in London, who does a job exchange with buttoned-up Lloyd from New York. even though they are in different countries the whole time, and Lloyd is engaged to a "suitable" girl, it's pretty obvious what's going to happen between them. What I enjoyed was the account of the English woman taking on New York, versus the American attempting to understand the British way of doing things. I was also impressed by the account of creating advertising and marketing campaigns, and having a heroine who was professionally so capable and superior. A good read.

Passed on at the Melbourne Bookcrossers' Sunday brunch at Kaleidoscope Cafe, Brunswick.

Journal Entry 2 by KKslibrary from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 01, 2006
Picked up at meetup today.It'll be on the bookshelf for a while I think as I have a backlog of books waiting to be read.
This was enjoyable, better than I thought. Although Lloyd's fiancee really annoyed me, he certainly made a much better choice with Suze!

Journal Entry 3 by KKslibrary at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia on Saturday, September 30, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (9/30/2006 UTC) at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia

Really enjoyed this, very funny but also some romance thrown in.Will release at meet up today.

Journal Entry 4 by TramGirl from Ballarat, Victoria Australia on Friday, October 06, 2006
Picked this up at last Sunday's brunch meetup, I hope to get this read before the ABC in Adelaide so I can take it along there to share with others.

Journal Entry 5 by TramGirl from Ballarat, Victoria Australia on Monday, December 18, 2006
Well I didn't end up taking this along to Adelaide, I only recently read it and actually really enjoyed it. A simple premise with a happy ending it was an easy and quick read.

Released 12 yrs ago (12/19/2006 UTC) at James Squire Brewhouse, Russell St in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

This book is being taking along to the final meetup for 2006, it will be added to the table.

Journal Entry 7 by kzel from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Picked up last night at the meet up. Looks like a light read, so will probably take it on the daily commute between work and home next week.

Journal Entry 8 by kzel from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, January 12, 2007
It took me a little while to get into this book. I felt that the first few chapters dragged on, but it then improved and I enjoyed the concept of the story, and the ending.

Journal Entry 9 by kzel at to the next participant in sent by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (1/30/2007 UTC) at to the next participant in sent by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sending to felcia-fairy as part of surpise bookbag

Journal Entry 10 by emmafiles from Murrumba Downs, Queensland Australia on Monday, February 05, 2007
The bookbag has returned home - thanks!

Released 12 yrs ago (2/5/2007 UTC) at Anarchy Clothing - 18A Gregory Street in Mackay, Queensland Australia

Congratulations! - You’ve just become a part of something very special: BookCrossing!
While you're here, I'd really appreciate it if you'd make a journal entry for this book so I know that it's safe. You may choose to remain completely anonymous or to join (it's free).
Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and then - whenever you're ready - pass it on to a friend, or leave it "in the wild" for someone else to find. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun!