Strip Jack

by Iaian Rankin | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Tribefan of Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on 3/7/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Tribefan from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Registered for the Race to 3 Million Challenge!

Book Description

When respected MP Gregor Jack is caught in a police raid on an Edinburgh brothel and his flamboyant wife Elizabeth suddenly disappears, John Rebus smells a set-up. And when Elizabeth's badly beaten body is found, Rebus is suddenly up against a killer who holds all the cards..

Released 13 yrs ago (5/16/2006 UTC) at RABCK to fellow Bookcrossing member in RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

RABCK going to HoserLauren! Enjoy! I guess I didn't wild release it after all! Told you I've been desperately unorganized as of late!

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, June 09, 2006
This was a surprise! Thanks so much tribe, for sending it along when you found it, you really didn't have to! lol
This will help me towards collecting the Inspector Rebus series so that I can actually read them in order!

Strip Jack is #4 in the Rebus series.

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Book 4 of the Inspector Rebus sees Rebus back in Scotland fighting crime! This time, he's called in to 'Operation Creeper' - a raid of a brothel. Rebus wonders who told the press when he arrives at the brothel and they are already there waiting. Soon Rebus learns why, MP Gregor Jack is inside and this will be front page news. It still smells like a set up to Rebus and he starts to investigate further, finding out the Jack's wife is MIA. When she later turns up dead in a river, Rebus tries to put together all the pieces and find out whom is lying to bring light to who the murderer is.

Rebus has moved into the flat of his girlfriend, Patience. I only read book 3 a couple of months ago and I don't remember any mention of her at all, and all of the sudden Rebus is living with Patience? Did I forget some obvious plot line or what? I don't think this relationship is going to last very long. In the end, Rebus and Gill will probably end up together, which would be nice!

I was also very happy to see Inspector Flight from England make a reappearance in this book. He was in book 3 and was a great character. Hopefully he pops up whenever Rankin can fit him in. I'm also enjoying Holmes, Rebus' new sidekick.

Not the best Rebus book out there, but still enjoyable!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 18, 2008
This book is with me now :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 09, 2008
Another in the Rebus series!! This time the book starts with a raid on an Edinburgh brothel. Inside is a MP Gregor Jack and conveniently outside is the press. Rebus smells something fishy and goes to talk to Jack. Jack's wife is MIA but shows up a couple of days later dead and badly beaten. Rebus is up against a cunning murderer and a close-knit group of old school friends.

I enjoy Rebus and the way he thinks but I don't enjoy his take on relationships. He is so wishy-washy; on again, off again.

The way Rankin portrays Rebus and his status within the police force is very interesting. Rebus is shown to be a fatherly mentor figure for the younger investigators like Holmes. I like how Rebus helps Holmes along

Journal Entry 7 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 23, 2008
Sent today to MsJoanna as I continue to pass along the Rebus series to her :)

Journal Entry 8 by msjoanna from Columbia, Missouri USA on Thursday, May 29, 2008
Thanks. I'd better get to reading these before I get too far behind!