The Bottle Factory Outing

by Beryl Bainbridge | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by elsje86 of Rhenen, Utrecht Netherlands on 3/5/2006
Journal Entry 1 by elsje86 from Rhenen, Utrecht Netherlands on Sunday, March 05, 2006
It's a blackbirds book.

Freda and Brenda spend their days working in an Italian-run wine-bottling factory and their nights in a dismal bedsitter. Little wonder, then, that the works outing offers such promise for Freda, determined to capture the heart of Vittorio, and such terror for Brenda, constantly escaping the clutches of Rossi.
But passions run high on that chilly day of freedom, and life after the outing can - tragically - never return to normal.

Journal Entry 2 by dutchbooky from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, June 29, 2006
Vandaag per post ontvangen. Dank elsje86 voor het opsturen! Erg origineel, de verpakking: een mooie foto van een lezende dame onder een palmboom. Ik ga alle folders gelijk met andere ogen bekijken! ;-))

Received in the mail today! Thank you elsje86! A very original wrapping: a beautiful photo of a lady reading under a palmtree. I will look at brochures from another angle now! ;-))

Journal Entry 3 by dutchbooky from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, July 09, 2006
Quite a tragic story, with a bizar ending. Black humor and cultural differences.

Journal Entry 4 by dutchbooky from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, July 14, 2006
This is a book for my Lifetime Release Challenge. On its way to Canada as an RABCK. Enjoy, Geishabird!!

Journal Entry 5 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 27, 2006
What a nice surprise! Thank you so much, I will enjoy reading this. Good luck with your Challenge!

Journal Entry 6 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Darkly comic and at times quite pitifully sad. There's a real feeling of hopelessness hanging over this story, a sense of disillusionment and loss, although many of the characters seem not to be entirely sure what it is that has made them feel unhappy or unfulfilled. A fascinating little portrait of frustrated lives.

Journal Entry 7 by geishabird at Near Coxwell & Danforth in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, July 05, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (7/6/2008 UTC) at Near Coxwell & Danforth in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Putting this in a box of free books I'm bringing to my sister's yard sale.

EDIT: Due to last-minute unforeseen circumstances, I've had to cancel this release.

Journal Entry 8 by geishabird from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, July 06, 2008
Release cancelled due to last-minute change of plans; will try again later.

Journal Entry 9 by geishabird at Starbucks OBCZ - Yonge and Bloor in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 17, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (7/17/2008 UTC) at Starbucks OBCZ - Yonge and Bloor in Toronto, Ontario Canada

On the usual bookshelves...

*I'm releasing 40 books this week to mark my 40th birthday!*