Carpe Demon : Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom

by Julie Kenner | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0425202526 Global Overview for this book
Registered by SandDanz of New Albany, Indiana USA on 3/3/2006
Journal Entry 1 by SandDanz from New Albany, Indiana USA on Friday, March 03, 2006
Duplicate copy bought to swap with!

Noumena12 won in a relayer's ALS the other day!

Released 13 yrs ago (3/4/2006 UTC) at -- By Hand or Post, Ray/ring, Rabck, Meet-up in Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Giving this one to Pepper at the Indy bag sale tomorrow to give to Noumena when she sees her on Sunday! :)

Although... I think Pepper may try to give this one a quick read! ;)

Journal Entry 3 by PepperVL from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Sunday, March 05, 2006
Kate Connor used to be a demon hunter: Now she's a stay-at-home mom, a "glorified chauffeur for pep squad practice and Gymboree play dates." But when a demonic assassin shows up at her suburban home minutes before an important dinner party, the retired Hunter is forced back into action to save her town -- and her freshly baked mini-quiches -- from the invading fiend and his army of the undead.

Kate's husband and her two kids don't know anything about her demon-killing past -- and she wants to keep it that way. So while doing what supermoms do -- raising an inquisitive two-year old, dealing with a teenage girl's myriad of social issues, supporting an overworked husband running for county attorney, etc. -- Kate also finds time to unravel the mystery behind the sudden ghoulish invasion. It seems a master demon named Goramesh has come to town in search of an invaluable religious artifact secreted in a much-storied cathedral. But in order to obtain the relic, Goramesh must first find a suitable human subordinate…

I got this from Sand to pass on to Nou, but I couldn't pass up reading it first.

This was a very clever, funny, and entertaining read. I loved the characters and the take on demons and demon hunting. This book is well-written and highly enjoyable and it's one that I think I'll look for a copy to put in my pernament collection.

I'll update this journal entry with my full review when I get it written.

This is going to Noumena at dinner tonight.

Journal Entry 4 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Sunday, March 05, 2006
Arrived safely! Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Thursday, March 16, 2006
This was a good read and I look forward to Kate's further adventures. I want to know more! One thing that was glanced over was how/why Eric was "killed." Obviously, they had already "retired" but there was no discussion about how he died....hmmmmm. And, I want to know more about the interesting Cutter...I think he is more than just window dressing. Not really sure how I feel about Stuart...a little too self-centered? He just doesn't feel like the right match for Kate.

Journal Entry 6 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Monday, March 20, 2006
Reserved for Apolonia for the BC Convention

Journal Entry 7 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Saturday, March 25, 2006
Taking to the 2006 BC Convention in Toronto for Apolonia

Journal Entry 8 by Apolonia from Lynn, Massachusetts USA on Monday, April 24, 2006
Thanks Noumena!!