Cool for Cats

by Jessica Adams | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Molyneux of Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 3/3/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Molyneux from Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 03, 2006
From the Back Cover
It's 1979 and Linda Tyler is an assistant cook, engaged to a bank clerk in a sleepy town called Withingdean, when she answers an ad in a music paper. Suddenly, she gets the job that everyone else in England wants.

Within weeks, her life changes beyond recognition. She finds herself in London, working as a journalist on NWW, a punk and New Wave music magazine. Free records by Blondie, Squeeze and The Clash land on her desk, and her name is permanently on the guest list.

Before the year is out she will be propositioned by four members of staff (including the work experience boy) and meet some rising stars (and occasionally spill Knickerbocker Glory on them). Along the way, though, Linda Tyler will also discover who and what she loves most - and make the most important decision of her life.

Journal Entry 2 by Molyneux from Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 03, 2006
A book by an author who hates BookCrossing! I was delighted to be given this book for releasing - not that I want to read it, I couldn't possibly after what she has said about us!

I do however look forward to releasing this in a ladies' toilet somewhere....if you click on this link and read the message which Jessica Adams posted to a BookCrossing forum you'll know why! ;)

Released 13 yrs ago (3/11/2006 UTC) at Herbert Art Gallery and Museum in Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom

On the windowsill in the ladies toilets!