Sex And Death in Television Town

by Carlton Mellick III | Horror |
Registered by wingjarewing of Port Richey, Florida USA on 3/1/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 01, 2006
I chose category: horror because this is part of a new "movement" or subcategory of literature, Bizarro, which isn't an option. The genre would be, you could say, a mix of extreme horror, erotica, sci-fi, fantasy....

I just love Mellick! This is his latest, can't wait to get started on it.

Cover blurb:

A band of hermaphrodite gunslingers fight for their lives in a desert infested with crispy black demons. Along with a motley collection of survivors (including a sex-crazed female samurai modified to resemble a bipedal stegosaurus) they take refuge in the only safe havel left: Telos ... a strange town near the end of the world, where the citizens have televisions instead of heads.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Holy crap! I LOVE this guy! I thought The Baby Jesus Butt Plug was good, which it was... this was even better! Granted, this didn't have as much symbolism embedded in it as BJBP did, but wow, what a wild ride!

I knew I was in for a hell of a crazy story by the first sentence of the book: "The dildo was alive"! Very twisted, very very much so. Cry aka Sex, the sex crazed tattoo covered woman with stegosaurus spikes on her back, was one badd-ass bitch. The book had some extremely hillarious moments, one of the best would be the obsessive compulsive character battling a group of TV heads: getting pissed because they were leaving bruises and scars that were uneven, he gets a finger cut off and can't stand to only have 9 so has to cut the opposite finger off himself to be even! Great stuff!

Now I just need to decide what to do with the book next. Perhaps a wild release, but definitely not in a very public place, perhaps a bar or someplace "adult".

Journal Entry 3 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Saturday, May 13, 2006
Took this with me to our bookcrossing meeting today, elinruby now has it.